Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Screen reverts back to prior page

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-Sep-2012, 08:21 PM #1
Screen reverts back to prior page
Hi there, apologies for my 'username' my son initially registered for me
I have posted under 'games' as it seems I only experience my issue whilst playing games - Zuma (popcap), Mindjolt games, and daughter plays Moshi Monsters, it happens while playing this also.
It began to happen around 8wks ago with nothing at all being changed on my Acer Inspire5750, no flash update, CHROME was working well, no settings changed then during game play the screen will revert back to the last page I was on, it is so frustrating, sometimes it happens every game, sometimes it only happens only twice. If it doesn't take me back to the previous page the game will begin loading all over again like it has been refreshed. That rules out the 'back button' being responsible I think.
I am quite computer savvy but no genius but am sure I have tried everything to rectify this issue eg: uninstalled and reinstalled both Chrome + Adobe flash players, I was told Chrome use its own flash so to go to 'plugin' and try disabling one at a time (I have 3 showing) none of this worked, everything Ive tried I have put back to the way it was once it didnt work) I have cleaned cache/cookies in google, cleared history etc, done Disk Cleanup and many other bits and pieces that I have been asked to try, all to no avail.

I have attempted to play Zuma through IE instead, however the game wont even load in IE, why would this be? I have the latest flash installed - see below, copy & pasted from 'plugins' and also my 'system info'
PLEASE HELP ME I am ready to chuck a paddy about this and am at wits end as to what the problem is.
Oh I have also done virus checks, I have Kasper Sky and have also recently downloaded 'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and once scanned bought up quite afew 'pups' whatever they are? but my problem remains sob sob.
I would REALLY appreciate any help I could get......even if it's to tell me where the problem may lay, is it a Flash problem, is it a google chrome problem????

Flash (3 files) - Version: 11.3.31.232
Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31
Name: Shockwave Flash
Description: Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31
Version: 11.3.31.232
Location: C:\Users\Arls & Pauls\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.89\PepperFlash\pepf lashplayer.dll
Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)
Disable
MIME types:
MIME type Description File extensions
application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player
.spl
Description: Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
Version: 11,4,402,265
Location: C:\Users\Arls & Pauls\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.89\gcswf32.dll
Type: NPAPI
Disable
MIME types:
MIME type Description File extensions
application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie
.swf
application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie
.spl
Description: Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
Version: 11,4,402,265
Location: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_4_402_265.dll
Type: NPAPI
Disable

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 1899 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 821 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 458405 MB, Free - 405603 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, JE50_HR
Antivirus: Kaspersky PURE, Updated and Enabled

Last edited by brainsnot; 18-Sep-2012 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: adding something
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!