Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Java Corrupt

(!)

Member with 51 posts.

06-Feb-2003, 04:24 PM #1
Question Java Corrupt
I am having trouble playing games on Pogo amd other sites. I get an error message saying my java is corrupt or misinstalled. The techs at Pogo said to download and enable the lastest Java plugin...which I did and still I get nothing...according to the java site I am ok. Does anyone have a clue what I need to do to fix this???? Pogo is not getting back to me and I don't know what to do...I am not sure if reinstalling my windows would help or what to do next..I am also having trouble seeing some video online...not sure if that is related or not...Please any ideas??? I am totally lost what to do next...oh yes I did uninstall and reinstall the Java plugin again but still the same results.
Computer Specs
Member with 7,779 posts.

Experience: Indeterminate
06-Feb-2003, 08:37 PM #2
Hi ljsc1

Boy, I've been seeing quite a few posts about pogo games lately, and I've been trying to find somthing that will help. Most everyone says that pogo tells you to load the latest Java, but it appears in many cases not to work, like your case. It would be advisable to get the latest Java in any case.

So, I do not have an answer, but I do have some information.

I'll continue to search for answers, for now all I offer is what the java folks at Sun Microsystems advise about Pogo:

Quote:
When trying to play one of the online games at pogo.com, I get an error message that says "Java corrupt or misinstalled." What can I do about it?
The pogo.com web site will display this warning message if one of the online games takes too long to load onto your computer. The message about a corrupt Java installation will be displayed even if there is nothing wrong with the Java installation, and the long load time is due to a slow internet connection on your computer.

If you see this message, try some of the other games on the site to see if you can run them. If you can, that's a good indication there's nothing wrong with your Java platform installation. Try your game again when the pogo.com response time or connection might be faster.
I have also found information suggesting pogo can't handle the volume of traffic it recieves.

If I find anything else that might actually help, I'll post it.

Also,be sure to clean your brower's cache.

Last edited by RT; 06-Feb-2003 at 09:10 PM..
Member with 51 posts.

06-Feb-2003, 08:57 PM #3
Thank you soooooo much RT for the info....I wondered if it was the Pogo site since everything seemed fine elsewhere...Thank you so much for checking into this for me and for the info...I really appreciate it. I will keep checking back to see if anything new develops.
Thanks again and take care,
Tina
Computer Specs
Member with 7,779 posts.

Experience: Indeterminate
08-Feb-2003, 01:12 PM #4
More info has come up HERE
Member with 93 posts.

23-Mar-2003, 01:11 PM #5
I, like many others have a problem getting the game room to load in pogo. I can navigate throughout the site but the rooms will not load. I tried another site called ion thunder & have the same problem. I can get around in the site but can not get the rooms to open. I have reloaded the sun java plug in, reloaded internet explorer, emptied my cache, swore a few times & threatened to beat my computer with a bat ( just kidding ). If anyone comes up with a fix please clue me in. I have been on pogo for a year or so & just all of a sudden I ran into this problem. ( HELP ! )
Member with 51 posts.

23-Mar-2003, 03:30 PM #6
Hi ajsfi,
I don't know if this will help you or not but I went to this link and redownloaded my virtual machine. This site is the microsoft java machine. I just went there now and it is down because of bandwidth but try it again later. It helped me. I am able to get on Pogo and Ion Thunder, Although I never had a problem with Ion Thunder. Give this a try see what happens and let me know if it helps.
Tina

http://java-virtual-machine.net/download.html
Member with 93 posts.

23-Mar-2003, 10:02 PM #7
pogo
Hi ljsc1,

I tried reloading virtual machine but still have the same problem. I can get all around pogo but can not get a game to load. I do thank you for the idea & I will not give up on this problem. If you hear of any others ways to solve this please let me know. I thank you again for your response.

Alan
Member with 51 posts.

24-Mar-2003, 12:57 AM #8
Hi Alan,
I am sorry that it didn't work for you. I will keep my ears and eyes open. I wish it was as easy for you as it was for me. I tried the new java plug-in that didnt help but reinstalling my java machine did fix MOST of my problems, but not all. I am fine with the game sites but I am still having trouble with some web sites but not sure if it is java related. I have a post in another section of TSG to see if anyone has any ideas, so far no luck. I will let you know if I hear anything. Good luck.
Tina
Member with 14,681 posts.

Experience: Advanced
24-Mar-2003, 06:59 AM #9
ajsfi - In IE, go to Tools>>Internet Options>>Advanced
Enable everything under Java (Sun) and VM (Microsoft)
Member with 93 posts.

24-Mar-2003, 07:29 AM #10
pogo
Thank you Brenda. I tried turning everything on but still got the same problem. Even when it says my java is " corrupt or misinstalled " I do not think that it is a java problem. & thank you Tina, I will keep trying. If anyone can figure this out, please let me know.
xcks
Guest with n/a posts.

25-Mar-2003, 11:07 AM #11
VM @ Microsoft is Corrupt
I dont play POGO games, however I did post a problem I had and explained how it is I came across finding it ....

Right click on Internet Explorer and follow this path -->>

InternetExplorer/Properities/General/Settings/ViewObjects
AND [you are now in the Downloaded Programs File folder]

Click on "FILE" on the folder's "Toolbar" and you may get a suprise. 1 or 2 "JAVA" Programs may be hideing with-in this toolbar. Pure luck me clicking on "FILE".

My point? I had just came from MICROSOFT and downloaded VIRTUAL MACHINE and it has "been had" by someone.
If you Right click the JAVA VM ((NOW THAT IT IS VISIBLE))
go to PROPERITIES its very possible you will see the DATE is 1-1-1601

Both of mine came from the same VM Download. below -->>

Anyways, the names of them were:
Microsoft XML Parser for Java size 196,608Bytes (192KB)
DirectAnimation Java Classes size 622,592Bytes (608KB)
dates on them both were 1-1-1601 <-- Yikes
Last accessed 2-26-2003

And they caused ALL KINDS of errors and strange behavior, I simply Deleted them and went to:
http://housecall.antivirus.com/ did a free virus on-line check
Re-enabled Mr.Spybot-->> http://spybot.eon.net.au/
ran a check, and since I did a Registry Check and a Manual Restore Point before I downloaded VM I restored to the time before I downloaded. No problems since. You may post this where ever you like "Moderators"
Member with 93 posts.

25-Mar-2003, 09:00 PM #12
pogo
Hi xcks,

Thank you for taking a shot at my problem. I did what you said. In my case it did not work. I am still stuck with this darn problem. Should you hear of any other ideas, please let me know.
Member with 95 posts.

25-Mar-2003, 11:57 PM #13
I doubt this would help or is even related but.......
I recived this error a few times now and then. Honestly I think it is Pogo, but in any case it isn't helping us. But just in case this is useful, here is goes...

The following error has occurred:
The Applet Encountered a Programming Error (Cripes!)
Explanation:
This error usually indicates that either the applet has been corrupted in your cache, there's a bug in your browser or there's a bug in our applet.
How to Fix the Problem:
The most common cause of this error occurs when your copy of the applet is corrupted. So the first thing you should do is clear your browser's cache and see if this fixes the problem.
Pull down the Tools menu and choose "Internet Options"
Click on the General tab.
Click on the Delete Files button in the "Temporary Internet Files" section and then click OK when the dialog box appears.
Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.
Exit and relaunch Internet Explorer.
You might also need to turn off your Java JIT compiler. Here's how to do that:
Pull down the Tools menu and choose "Internet Options"
Click on the Advanced tab.
Scroll down to the "Java VM" subhead and make sure "Java JIT compiler enabled" is unchecked.
Click the OK button.
After clearing your cache, you need to quit and restart your browser. If you don't quit the browser, your cache will not be completely cleared out.
If this doesn't seem to solve your problem, try rebooting your computer.
If this does not fix the problem, you may have a caching proxy server between you and our web server. To see if this is the case, check the proxy setting for your browser. If there is a proxy server set, try turning it off. Then clear your cache again as described above, and quit and restart your browser to see if it fixes the problem.
If this does not fix the problem, your browser may not be installed properly. Try re-installing your browser.
If all of these solutions still don't fix your problem, then you have probably encountered a bug in our applet or in the browser you are using. Earlier browser versions (Netscape 3.x and 4.0x as well as Internet Explorer 3.x) may have Java-related bugs in them that are causing the problem. There is a good chance that upgrading your browser will fix the error. If that does not solve the issue, then it is probably a bug in our applet. Please let us know by going to <http://help.pogo.com>. Hope it helps, gl ev1!
Member with 93 posts.

26-Mar-2003, 08:11 AM #14
pogo
I have tried most of the things that you have listed. What is very strange is that I have been playing pogo for a year or so & all of a sudden I hit this problem. I can get on pogo at my office, but I can not get on at my home. When I first ran into this problem I noticed that my computer changed to day light savings time, but it was not time to do that yet. Also my virus protection would not work & I had to reinstall it. My e-mail would not work. & I also had this problem with pogo. I have fixed all of the other problems, but I still can not get the game rooms to load in pogo. I am still searching for something that will work.
xcks
Guest with n/a posts.

26-Mar-2003, 11:23 PM #15
Re: pogo
Quote:
Originally posted by ajsfi:
Hi xcks,

Thank you for taking a shot at my problem. I did what you said. In my case it did not work. I am still stuck with this darn problem. Should you hear of any other ideas, please let me know.
Well I did fail to mention 1 other very intresting problem, I recently (4-8 days ago) downloaded (for the 1st time ever) a
"Java Program" from www.sun.com, and since I am on dial up it took almost 2 1/2 hours to download the program. Since I was impatient I 1st concidered downloading it under the "manual" section, I did not download it because it was not certified !!
So, I picked "auto" 1.4 i believe it was called, and at the questionare at the end I miss-clicked whatever it said pertaining to browser (I am useing Internet Explorer) ... and was left with no choice to commit it to "Netscape" ... the point is under manual, netscape, or the other "open" choice it left me with ALL WERE CORRUPT! So Netscape Java @ Sun = Corrupt.
And as I understand it "Sun" is Java ... or there is no java! Microsoft is "out of the game" java wise, so unless you know something the rest of us dont, as where to get a java program, I think you should "wait it out" or contact Sun (Im sure they know by now its bad?) So restoreing to a previous date didnt do it huh? Well thats my comments for the moment I am doing a search and if I come up with something I will add it to this.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!