Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Halo won't work

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

27-Oct-2003, 06:01 PM #1
Halo won't work
when i open up my newly installed halo it works fine until the game menu loads... i just got a black screen with some odd coloured lines at top/left side of the screen and sometimes the whole screen goes green for about half a second and back to the black screen. I was wondering if my computer was the problem

abit kd7 motherboard
xp 2600+
gainward fx5200 w/256 ram

it should work fine in theory but what can i do to fix this?
Computer Specs
Member with 5,577 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Oct-2003, 06:02 PM #2
Make sure you do everything in this thread.
Member with 335 posts.

28-Oct-2003, 01:16 AM #3
Something Similar
Hmm, sounds similar but not the same as my problem. I played the demo uptil last night with no problems. Finished the demo and decided to buy it today...

I uninstalled the demo last night and installed the game today, bam, it's dead. I can but into the game menu but the minute I select Campgain, it crashes and throws me back to the desktop with an error report for Microsoft. Blahh.

So, I tried a complete uninstall, reinstall. No good. Repeat with registry cleaning using JV16 and no adjustments to any of the settings and same thing.

So, I am waiting on hold for Microsoft support, 20 minutes on the phone so far, my first call, and I now I know why I have never called before.

Blast. Has anyone else experienced something similar what was your solution?
Junior Member with 2 posts.

15-Nov-2003, 11:38 AM #4
I am having problems with Halo as well.....

My Halo randomly restarts ingame. I installed the newest Catalyst drivers for my 8500 and downloaded directX 9.0b and i am still having the same problems. It usually happens when i try to join a server, switch servers mid-game or change my video settings. Has anyone else had this problem? please let me know.
Member with 335 posts.

15-Nov-2003, 10:39 PM #5
Well, I didn't post it but my problem was fixed by following ALL of the suggestions in the FAQ. Despirte the fact that I was running Cat 3.7 without problems except for Halo, I uninstalled and reinstalled Cat 3.8 and it fixed my halo problem.

Later, I had a problem with COD missing up my DirectX which caused me to have to uninstall my sound card and re-install. Then it crashed on the drive through the country. As a result COD is sitting on a shelf till I feel like dealing with it's buggy @ss.

Have you installed the Halo patch? Sounds like your problem mainly happens when playing online. Do have any problems on single player?
Junior Member with 2 posts.

16-Nov-2003, 05:37 PM #6
im not sure, id ont play much single player. And i Have patched Halo.... but the problem also happens when i adjust my video settings. I alsp found that it did the same thing on my friends comp when i installed the game on his computer temporarily.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!