Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

red alert 2 lan network prob

(!)

Member with 36 posts.

15-Mar-2004, 07:41 PM #1
Unhappy red alert 2 lan network prob
i have 2 computers that have red alert 2 on them and when both of us start the game, my brothers computer can see the mine but i cant see his computer, but still when my brother crates a game i can see that he did and i join the game. can join, so when we join the game after 3 min or so, i automatically get defeated cause of the LAN connection, why is that so, i heard it has something to do with (TCP/IP) protocol.plz help me

Last edited by snake212; 16-Mar-2004 at 06:46 PM..
Member with 36 posts.

16-Mar-2004, 06:47 PM #2
no body knows how to fix this problem, come guys i need help!!
Member with 36 posts.

17-Mar-2004, 05:04 PM #3
i just need the right settings to enable the red aler 2 network and lan
Member with 101 posts.

18-Mar-2004, 05:37 PM #4
hi...

i faced that problem before when i was troubleshooting a friends network... i recall it had something to do with the IPX settings in the Network configurations in RA2 ... but its been a while.. and i dun remember where my RA2 discs are .... so i could be wrong...

anyway... if u are sure its something to do with the IP config... then try this...

try assigning an individual IP address to each computer
eg. 19X.XXX.X.1 for the first comp... and 19X.XXX.X.2 for the other... and using the same subnet mask....
then see if it works...

good luck.
Member with 167 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Mar-2004, 01:02 PM #5
i've encountered problems with RA2 in the past also- i think it's quite well documented because i managed to sort it out.

(this is what i can remember from memory)
if you want to play over LAN you have to find out the MAC address of the NIC card in each PC, and configure RA2 on each PC accordingly.

so, in windows XP:
start > run > "ipconfig /all" and look for 'physical address'

then you have to choose this set of numbers from a list inside RA2 somewhere. also- i think applying one of the latest patches sorted out some network-play-problems.

i hope this helps. i would also suggest searching google/some RA2 forums for any people suffering similar strife.
Member with 167 posts.

21-Oct-2004, 03:07 PM #6
[solved]
I recently held a LAN party, where RA2 was on the cards for a game - which meant this exact problem was encountered.

Simple enough to get working:
1) each player needs IPX protocal installed
2) RA2 needs your MAC address (this, for some reason, is always the second one on the drop-down on RA2 network options)

Half a year too late - but RA2 is still fun. (provided you have the most prism tanks)
Computer Specs
Member with 41 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-May-2007, 05:16 AM #7
Red alert 2 problems
my problem is: i have a internet cafe with 8 computers..all Lan games installed is okey..except red alert 2, is my problem..i installed already the ipx/spx..all pc's can communicate but wen the game started it is okey but later on, about 30 or 40 minutes to play the connection will get error..how can i fix that problem

as i read the forum about red alert Lan.. they said that Red alert needed Mac Address..
where can i put or configure the Mac Address for the Red alert 2?

plz help me guys...

tanx...

Tingsnet
Retired Administrator with 103,708 posts.

30-May-2007, 09:11 PM #8
You have your own thread posted for this, post back to that thread. I'm going to close this one to avoid more taggers.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!