Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Far Cry use gamepad??

(!)

doghart doghart is offline   doghart has a birthday soon!
Member with 45 posts.

07-Apr-2004, 07:08 PM #1
Far Cry use gamepad??
I'm pretty new to PC gaming and quite can't get the keyboard/mouse thing so I bought a USB gamepad which is similar to a PS2 controller.

USB port recognizes it and says it's installed.

I am trying to setup the game 'FarCry', by going into the conrol options and changing the standard ASWD to the controller, but it is not working. Does the game have to support a joystick/gamepad?

when i try to change the controls it says to enter the new key for the control i want, for example to move forward is default 'w' I double click it and it asks for the new control so I push forward on the joystick and nothing happens.

I know the mouse/keyboard is a better more accurate control, but I have been playing PS2 for years and am pretty used to this setup.

any help or is an old dog stuck learning a new trick?

system: AMD 64 3200, 1GB mem, WinXP home, 160GB 7200 HD, Plextor 8x dvd burner & Sony 52x CDr/rw. USB2.0 and firewire.

thanks from a PC gaming newb!!

D
Member with 45 posts.

13-Apr-2004, 06:13 PM #2
anyone?
Computer Specs
Member with 5,577 posts.

Experience: Advanced
13-Apr-2004, 06:52 PM #3
Apparently, FarCry doesn't have very good joystick support....I searched their forums, and found a suggestion to use this program, it lets you use the joystick in place of other keys, you can completely program it...I would assume that it will work with a gamepad to, but I can't say for sure....either way, it's worth a shot. Personally, I would start practicing with the keybaord and mouse, but it's your call.
Member with 45 posts.

13-Apr-2004, 09:03 PM #4
Thanks

I will try it out.

D
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!