Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Spider Solitaire statistics

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Jul-2004, 10:41 PM #1
Spider Solitaire statistics
I've just upgraded my PC, and want to migrate my statistics (hard won over 2000 games!) to my ne machine. Moving from Win 2K to XP. Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks, Alex
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,871 posts.

14-Jul-2004, 12:51 PM #2
try moving the spider.exe file to the same directory. I think the stats are in the exe file.

14-Jul-2004, 10:00 PM #3
Not in exe
no, I initally tried this, but end up with a new game, no stats. There a couple of other small files in the directory but moving them over to XP with the exe didn't help either. Could they be stored in registry or similar?
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.

14-Jul-2004, 11:43 PM #4
Found it in the registry:

HKCU/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/SPIDER

On that folder, you can export it (FILE / EXPORT) and a screen will pop up. Make sure the EXPORT RANGE is the path to the SPIDER folder (like above). Save it (name it spider.reg and point it to the desktop for ease) and then transfer the file to the other machine. When you have copied it to the other machine, just double click it and it should overwrite the WXP one.

15-Jul-2004, 12:14 PM #5
Spot on; thanks to Tidus4Yuna
That is where they were: thanks! Actually it is easier to use Regedit, and pick out the score fields, modifying these to the correct values (esp. if the old machine is beside you to look at the hex values when using the'edit' command). Moving the .reg files across the network is a permissions pain!
Now I know, will have to stay honest on the scoring!

15-Jul-2004, 12:30 PM #6
well you could have copied it to a floppy disk It would have worked that way too
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!