Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Common Sims 2 Problems

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

17-Dec-2006, 09:59 PM #1756
Im new to this so sorry if it doesnt come out in the right spot but im having problems with my game my sister downloaded all these new hair styles and furniture and stuff but now you cant make them shower sleep get in hot tub pools or anything and she wont let me uninstall it then reinstall it is there any way to fix this?
Senior Member with 150 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Dec-2006, 10:09 PM #1757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara_321
Im new to this so sorry if it doesnt come out in the right spot but im having problems with my game my sister downloaded all these new hair styles and furniture and stuff but now you cant make them shower sleep get in hot tub pools or anything and she wont let me uninstall it then reinstall it is there any way to fix this?
What I would do is go take out all your downloads (back them up first) and then run the game and make sure its working normally without the downloads. Then add your downloads in a little at a time.....if the game stops working after one of the batches you add, that is where the bad file is - and you will need to not add that in your game. Does that make sense? It will at least save you the aggravation of reinstallation

17-Dec-2006, 10:11 PM #1758
thanks a whole lot for taking the time to explain that and all but im a little dumb lol back them up how?

17-Dec-2006, 10:33 PM #1759
Quote:
thanks a whole lot for taking the time to explain that and all but im a little dumb lol back them up how?
1. Go to My Documents> EA Games > The Sims2
2. Right click your mouse on the file titled 'Downloads'
3. Select 'copy'
5. Go to 'My Documents' and right click on a blank area and choose 'paste'

Then you can either take a few downloads at a time out and keep starting the game to see if it works after that groups has been deleted OR you can do it the way I described above. Either way you will be able to narrow down what is causing your game not to work correctly

17-Dec-2006, 10:46 PM #1760
oh youre the best thanks so much

17-Dec-2006, 11:08 PM #1761
Quote:
oh youre the best thanks so much
You're welcome ... good luck
Junior Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Beginner
18-Dec-2006, 03:00 AM #1762
I put my CD in and usually after about 30-55 seconds it starts but I have been waiting and it won't start. so i will click either in the start menu or on the icon and then an error note pops up saying "Sims 2 is already running!" but it isn't! I REALLY WANT TO PLAY MY SIMS!

I downloaded some stuff at simsquirts today and after that it didnt work, but i doubt it was that because they are a reputable site. and i checked the hack conflict scanner and there aren't any hack conflicts and i ran my antivirus software and i did everything possible i thought i could do. iam having my dad clean the CD to see if that is the problem but...i think my brother's CDs work ok in the computer. what could be the problem?!?!

18-Dec-2006, 11:37 AM #1763
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitthemizzleway
I put my CD in and usually after about 30-55 seconds it starts but I have been waiting and it won't start. so i will click either in the start menu or on the icon and then an error note pops up saying "Sims 2 is already running!" but it isn't! I REALLY WANT TO PLAY MY SIMS!

I downloaded some stuff at simsquirts today and after that it didnt work, but i doubt it was that because they are a reputable site. and i checked the hack conflict scanner and there aren't any hack conflicts and i ran my antivirus software and i did everything possible i thought i could do. iam having my dad clean the CD to see if that is the problem but...i think my brother's CDs work ok in the computer. what could be the problem?!?!
Try deleting your groups.cache file .... its located in the 'The Sims2' file (under EA Games in My Documents)
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 1,152 posts.

18-Dec-2006, 01:30 PM #1764
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancon
"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure youn have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

I get this message or its' counterpart when I try to run any of my games:

Battlefield Vietnam
Command and Conquer Generals
Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour
Fifa 2006
Fifa 2001
The Sims 2
The Sims 2 University
The Sims 2 Nightlife
The Sims 2 Pets
Grand Theft Auto 3
Need for speed Underground 2
Pro evolution Soccer 6
Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2

The only game which works is counter-strike, but the graphics on the game are so bad, that it doesn't really put any weight on the card (I'm not saying it's a bad game, but the graphics are bad)

Anyway - I have DirectX and i downloaded the latest graphics drivers - yes i removed the old ones first.

WHY???????????

Please see attached for the error message

Any1 gonna help?

18-Dec-2006, 02:10 PM #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancon
Any1 gonna help?
You probably should post this not the in Sims thread as you encounter it with several games....its not really Sims specific

18-Dec-2006, 04:00 PM #1766
I can't find the groups.cache file. I've looked in all the folders and I know where you're talking about just I don't know about the groups.cache

My dad cleaned the disk and removed smears and minor scratches so if that was it...hopefully i can play today.

18-Dec-2006, 04:03 PM #1767
Oh sorry, found it. I'll try that. what do i do if that wasn't it?
Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Advanced
18-Dec-2006, 04:35 PM #1768
Quote:
The only thing I can think of doing that is perhaps a conflicting hack. Do you have any hacked items in your game?
oh yeah...got alot of them...but it only started when i put in university and glamour life....i think maybe ill move my hacked sutff and see what happens....any other suggestions?

18-Dec-2006, 05:19 PM #1769
It froze when the game started up and it was almost to showing the towns instead of just "Sims 2" you know?

So i don't know what i should try

I think I'll just delete all my downloads again, which is what i do when I have a conflict that seems to not come from anything. and usually, it works.
Computer Specs

18-Dec-2006, 08:30 PM #1770
Unhappy Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to find the Risky Woohoo cheat does anyone know what it is and if it will work with the Sims 2 Pets Thanks PLEASE REPLY quick i want to use It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
expansion, sims

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!