Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Common Sims 2 Problems

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
27-Apr-2009, 11:11 PM #3061
It is I, back with another unfortunate problem.

I recently acquired a friend's unused copy of Sims 2 University (in addition to the Sims 2 Double Deluxe that I already had), and everything seemes to load ok. It says I completely installed and comes up with a screen asking what to do next (run University, view readme, or exit) and I click the run option. It closes the window and my computer starts humming like it's runnning, but even after 15 minutes nothing opens. Ctrl-Alt-Del shows that no Sims program is even opened. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to the problem.

PS- This is the first and only EP that I've gotten and tried to run. Double Deluxe had Nightlife and Celebration Stuff as part of the disc, and I'm a little worried that since Nightlife came out after University that this might be an issue. Please help!
Junior Member with 4 posts.

28-Apr-2009, 02:24 AM #3062
Thanks for your help,Rabee!
Member with 128 posts.

Experience: Advanced
28-Apr-2009, 03:12 AM #3063
HamsterLove, did it work?
Check your Private messages.
Registered User with 11 posts.

28-Apr-2009, 03:55 PM #3064
Thank You for your halp Rabee!
I did what you told me to, but i didn't delete ALL my custom content, just stuff I KNEW didn't work at all in my game. (I didn't want to delete the stuff that DID work because it was really cool lol). After deleting things, restarting the game, deleting other things, restarting the game again a few times, I finally figured out what was the reason for no sims on the CAS screen - the InTeenimator cheat I had. I deleted that then the sims came back up, which I was really glad for. Thank you so much for helping me with the problem I had. Anyone else reading this, remember to thank Rabee for their hard work!

-Alexis
Nekochanpurr Nekochanpurr is offline Nekochanpurr has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 713 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
28-Apr-2009, 10:41 PM #3065
Did you have the right version of inteen in your game? That'll do it..
Member with 128 posts.

29-Apr-2009, 07:58 AM #3066
Your welcome Alexis
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

29-Apr-2009, 01:07 PM #3067
URGENT HELP PLEASE!!! My daughter has sims life stories, have spoken to ea games, dell also downloaded www.boxnet, did the whole run dxdiag and the run support ea help, run tou of ideas now, i even removed all sims files and loaded the original sims back in thinking it would kick start but nothing. if anyone can help you would make one little girl very happy.oh forgot to mention it does work on eldest daughter laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Junior Member with 1 posts.

29-Apr-2009, 07:12 PM #3068
Okay here is my problem...
I installed Sims 2 with several expansion packs, Freetime being the newest one. Everything installed as it should but now when I put in the Freetime disk to play the game it asks that I "insert the original Freetime disk and not a back up". The disk isn't a back up and I've tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling and I get the same error.
If someone could please help me I'd be eternally greatful!
Computer Specs
Member with 2,713 posts.

Experience: continuing to learn.
29-Apr-2009, 07:20 PM #3069
to juliehelen
Can you provide a bit more information about the machine you are trying to install on?
Processor = ???
RAM = ???
OS = ???
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

30-Apr-2009, 10:27 AM #3070
hi, sorry to say, really not sure, its a microsoft windows xp if thats any help, think its os.
Junior Member with 10 posts.

01-May-2009, 11:55 PM #3071
Another directx problem?
I am sure some one solved this issue, hopefully...

Okay, about a year ago, I had The Sims 2 and a few of it expansions on my lappy, and it worked, albeit not perfectly, but I was able to play it. But due to certain complications, I had to reinstall and all of the such. The problem is that when I reinstalled it and tried to play it, I get the "DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter" error. So I looked through my drivers, everything fine and as up to date as I could get it. And it definitely worked before, definitely, on the same laptop. But I think it is the DirectX that is the issue.

Before, I was able to play games and now I can't. Dxdiag shows that all of the Direct Accleration in the display tab is "not available" And i cannot "test Direct3D" because of something. I tried uninstalling it and re-installing. clean boot and re-install, but for that I had to use a redist version instead of the webenduser version because after a clean boot and initiating the directX webenduser version, it gives me an error and tells me to check my log.

Most of the places i've seen says to "re-install". Well, unless what I have been doing is wrong the whole time... And it disheartens me that I can't help.

Dxdiag-Display-notes: "Problems were found in the system registry. Details are available in the saved text file. You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version. To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer." Toshiba Satellite A45-S120 2.8 GHZ Intel Pent. 4 Intel Graphics 82852/82855 GM/GME 2Gb RAM I tried many things but alas, all failed. Please help me. Thank you.
Member with 128 posts.

02-May-2009, 06:57 AM #3072
the problem is in your Direct X registry. Indeed you must re-install it.
Why not try installing an older version then upgrade to 9.0c??
Or completely uninstall it from your system, then re-install it.
Junior Member with 10 posts.

02-May-2009, 11:59 AM #3073
How would I go about doing that? I've attempted to remove it from my system and using the installation client from windows before. The issue was that it wouldn't do it. But I haven't tried installing an older one, usually because if I do, it would say that I would still have a newer version of it on, even if I did remove it. Maybe it wasn't removed entirely. So I still don't know how to go about uninstalling it.
Registered User with 11 posts.

03-May-2009, 03:22 PM #3074
Question ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekochanpurr View Post
Did you have the right version of inteen in your game? That'll do it..
Probably not. I didn't know there was a difference in the versions. Could you please help me to figure out which version I would need? thanks
Nekochanpurr Nekochanpurr is offline Nekochanpurr has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 713 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
03-May-2009, 04:00 PM #3075
Its whatever the newest version of the sims expansions are in your game. It should be right on the page. Like if you have freetime, you get the inteen that supports freetime, you don't go all the way up to apartments.. And such.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
expansion, sims

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!