Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Common Sims 2 Problems

(!)

Registered User with 11 posts.

03-May-2009, 06:05 PM #3076
Thumbs up Hey thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekochanpurr View Post
Its whatever the newest version of the sims expansions are in your game. It should be right on the page. Like if you have freetime, you get the inteen that supports freetime, you don't go all the way up to apartments.. And such.
Ohhh... okay. Thank You!!!
Nekochanpurr Nekochanpurr is offline Nekochanpurr has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 713 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
03-May-2009, 07:57 PM #3077
No prob! I hope you get it sorted.. Inteen is a good hack to have!

03-May-2009, 09:38 PM #3078
haha thanks.
by the way, you wouldn't happen to have a link for the inteen hack, would you? a little bit of info about it wouldn't hurt too. =D sorry if i'm a pain
Computer Specs
Member with 713 posts.

03-May-2009, 10:29 PM #3079
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=1014.0

There you are dear. What kind of info do you mean, BTW?

04-May-2009, 02:36 PM #3080
just about how u exactly use it in the game once its downloaded (like what do i click?)

and i saw no direct link for downloading in the website you gave me. was there one? idk maybe im losing it =P
Computer Specs
Member with 713 posts.

04-May-2009, 04:16 PM #3081
I believe it should be in the first post. I'm not sure if you have to sign up or not. I know it took me forever to find!! I'm sorry i'm not much help there.
Once you have it in your game you can click your sim and check status or generate your biological clock. There should be instructions with it, please read them carefully!

06-May-2009, 07:19 PM #3082
Ok thank you so much you don't know how much of a help you've been to me! =D
Take Care! ~Alexis

06-May-2009, 07:34 PM #3083
NEKOCHANPURR!!!
I found the download for inteenimator! =)
lol im proud of myself.
http://www.simbology.com/mods/index....ate&order=desc
there was also this thing there called an insimenator. no idea what that is!
Computer Specs
Member with 713 posts.

06-May-2009, 08:24 PM #3084
I'm so proud of you!! lol!

Insiminator is another hack that does a crap load of things.. Here is the wikipage, explaining what it is. There is also a link!
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=InSimenator

07-May-2009, 08:38 PM #3085
ha ha thanks! =D im excited!!!
i downloaded that too XD
Junior Member with 1 posts.

13-May-2009, 11:08 PM #3086
Sims 2 problem
I just wiped my computer and re did everything then when I get to my sims 2 games (to re install them) I install the first one and run it everything is fine then I go to install the next one and when it got to updating it wouldnt work so I tried a different expansion and it did the same thing so I tried to play the game and it came up with the red X error screen. Please help I miss my game
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-May-2009, 01:57 PM #3087
Okay, so, this just started happening. I'm at my moms, and the computer hadn't been touched for a week, since I'd last been there. Suddenly, my sound for the Sims 2 isn't working, but everything else is working fine. I can hear my iTunes and everything, but the Sims just isn't working.

Help?

-Sidney

16-May-2009, 01:59 PM #3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsweet View Post
I just wiped my computer and re did everything then when I get to my sims 2 games (to re install them) I install the first one and run it everything is fine then I go to install the next one and when it got to updating it wouldnt work so I tried a different expansion and it did the same thing so I tried to play the game and it came up with the red X error screen. Please help I miss my game
Here, this might help.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?t...p:Game_Problem

It has a section in there somewhere for your problem.

"Clicking the icon to load the game gives you a little popup with nothing but a red X and a button to click OK."

-Sidney
Junior Member with 1 posts.

17-May-2009, 04:52 PM #3089
Unhappy bubble options dissapearing
I have had the sims 2 since it has came out and I have used one set of CDs to install the game on the computer and later laptop that I have had in that time. My laptop, which the game had been on for nearly a year, had a virus so my laptop was wiped clean of, well, everything. Including my sims. *note* The fact that all my sims files and such is gone is not the problem I am addressing.

So a couple days ago I went to reinstall the sims 2 (no expansion packs)onto my laptop. The installation went well, but then the neighborhoods were messed up. They had different names such as Magic01, which was I assume something left over from before the wipe when I had Appartment Life installed. When I tried to access the neighborhoods, my game crashed.

I uninstalled the game, wiped all the dust particals and junk off the back of my CDs and reinstalled. And now here is my problem.

I can access the neighborhoods and all the lots in them, but when I am playing a sim and go to click on something to tell them something to do, the bubble options appear but then dissapear before I have time to select one. How long it stays up varies but it never stays for more about three seconds.

I believe this has something to do with the CDs because I have uninstalled and ensured that it was removed from the computer via add/remove programs then reinstalled it and the problem persists.

I would greatly apprieciate any assistance you can offer to me on this. I miss my sims! *sniff*
Computer Specs

19-May-2009, 03:38 PM #3090
Okay, I read through several pages and didn't see a similar problem. There's no way I can make it through 200+, so here is my issue:

I have Sims 2 Deluxe (with Sims 2 + Nightlife), and it seems to lock up randomly, often during a big event. The first time it locked up, my sim was leaving the lot to go downtown. It started to load downtown, but the screen was black and I couldn't click on anything. I ended up having to use Task Manager to exit the game, then move the family out of their house and back in before I could play again.

It did this same thing a couple more times - once when the headmaster was invited (he stood by the mailbox and wouldn't interact with anyone the entire time he was there. Then, when the visit was up, the screen went black again.)

Recently, it locked up when the teenage sim was about to have her first kiss; however, this time, I was able to exit the game through Task Manager and go back in to the last saved point in the game without moving the family out.

Ideas, please???

~Angela
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
expansion, sims

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!