Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Common Sims 2 Problems

(!)

Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Beginner
04-Aug-2009, 08:09 AM #3121
could someone help me?i installed the sims 2 and some of the exp & stuff packs with almost no problem...it is also not the first time i do this...bu after i installed them i pressed play in the window that appears after you install multiple exp and it popped up something saying :
Wrong disc inserted.
Please insert the original "the Sims 2 Apartment Life Expansion Pack" CD/DVD......because apartment life is the last one i instelled...i think i should mention that i reinstalled everything
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 15 posts.

04-Aug-2009, 03:38 PM #3122
hi seiko i have windows vista home premium and my game some times freezes. would deleting the cache file work for me too?
Computer Specs

04-Aug-2009, 03:40 PM #3123
raluca was the right disc inserted???

05-Aug-2009, 03:43 AM #3124
hey jbird66...i have downloaded the game and it's expansion and stuff packs and it is not the first time i've done that...i used daemon tools and magiciso...because i have some trouble with my computer and i needed to restart it after i used magiciso for one game to mount the image and then i tried with daemon tools and it worked for some...it is not the first time that i installed many games at once and i had no problem with the game itself...and this is the reason that i signed in at tech guy cos' i don't know what i shoul do next :-??
Computer Specs

05-Aug-2009, 09:18 AM #3125
what type of computer do you have????? windows....... xp,200, vista, etc. etc.

05-Aug-2009, 02:28 PM #3126
well, i've got windows xp...and although i have 512 MB of RAM i did not have serious problems with the game...only when i played for hours it responded a bit harder...
Computer Specs

06-Aug-2009, 08:55 AM #3127
try right clicking the shortcut to it and clicking run as administrator.
if it asks you if u allow this program or not a allor the program, click allow. i had the sims 1, and this always worked for me. it hasn't worked on the sims 2 though, but i think thats because i have windows vista
Junior Member with 2 posts.

06-Aug-2009, 11:18 AM #3128
sims 2 installation problem
i got a new sims 2 cd as my old one broke after i had uninstalled the game, but when it gets to 22% i get the message that a problem occurred when trying to transfer 'D:Support/es/Leeme.txt' from the media! i copied the cd files on my hard drive and tried from there but no luck!
Junior Member with 2 posts.

06-Aug-2009, 11:20 AM #3129
i got a new sims 2 cd as my old one broke after i had uninstalled the game, but when it gets to 22% i get the message that a problem occurred when trying to transfer 'D:Support/es/Leeme.txt' from the media! i copied the cd files on my hard drive and tried from there but no luck!

06-Aug-2009, 12:46 PM #3130
still the same ...nothing new...nothing happening...sometimes i uninstalled everything and them installed it again but i can't quite remember what exactley i tried and what not because i've done this so many times...this is why i am searching 4 answers on the internet and asking for some help...:-??...i am playing this game for about 4 years and didn't had serious problems even though i downloaded it...i kind of know the game and it's cheats and secrets really good but i don't know much of computers...AND it is till asking me for the original cd/dvd (
Junior Member with 1 posts.

07-Aug-2009, 10:37 AM #3131
Hi, I recently bought the Sims 2 double deluxe. I installed it and it works fine. The only thing wrong with it is that all the buildings are bright red. The houses are flashing red and when I try to change the wallpaper it doens't work and it stays red. How do I fix this? is there something wrong with my disc?
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

07-Aug-2009, 12:23 PM #3132
Downloads
Okay, I have this really strange problem. Or maybe it's not as strange as I think: I downloaded some meshes and custom content. But when I run the game with these downloads, it stops responding halfway through the loading screen. What's wrong?!

09-Aug-2009, 05:28 AM #3133
could someone help me?i installed the sims 2 and some of the exp & stuff packs with almost no problem...it is also not the first time i do this...bu after i installed them i pressed play in the window that appears after you install multiple exp and it popped up something saying :
Wrong disc inserted.
Please insert the original "the Sims 2 Apartment Life Expansion Pack" CD/DVD......because apartment life is the last one i instelled...i think i should mention that i reinstalled everything and i've downloaded them, but i had almost no problem at all, nothing that i couldn't fix myself...please if someone had this problem before is there anything i can do?
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 10 posts.

09-Aug-2009, 05:51 AM #3134
Quote:
Originally Posted by raluca View Post
Wrong disc inserted.
Please insert the original "the Sims 2 Apartment Life Expansion Pack" CD/DVD......because apartment life is the last one i instelled...i think i should mention that i reinstalled everything
What happens is that the most recent version of the game (expansion, not stuff pack) is what the game needs to run when you play it. If it tells you to use Apartment Life, then that's the disc you should have in there. I have all except for Holiday Stuff and Family Fun Stuff, so my most current expansion would be Mansions and Gardens. If I try to run the game using any other disc, it won't work. The game is just set up this way. Make sure you're using the correct disc.

Or are you saying that you're using the correct disc and the problem persists?
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 10 posts.

09-Aug-2009, 05:55 AM #3135
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird66 View Post
hi seiko i have windows vista home premium and my game some times freezes. would deleting the cache file work for me too?
Hn.. Good question. I'm not exactly sure since I haven't messed with too many errors on the game myself. It tends to run pretty well. How much memory do you have free? For us, the game started freezing more when we acquired more expansions and stuff packs, so what we did was upgrade our computer. We upgraded our ram to 2GB and updated our Power Supply to 500 and upgraded our Graphics card as well. We also like to get a lot of custom content (CC), so that will also lag your computer.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
expansion, sims

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!