Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Common Sims 2 Problems

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

09-Nov-2009, 02:33 AM #3166
Hi, I need help! I have owned The Sims 2 ever since it first came out & I have never had this problem before. I have no idea how to word this problem, so excuse me if I am a little confusing or if I repeat myself alot...

You know those squares that are on the lot to help you place items down? Well, everytime I go into a lot & try to place objects, it doesn't assign a square to the object. For example, normally when you buy a chair & you try to place it down, it has that green square around it & you can place it down into a square and it automatically "suggests" a square to place the object in. well when I try to place an object down, it does not do that. It lets me place the object in the middle of two squares or basically anywhere I want to. I cannot even build windows or doors, because it does not automatically suggest any squares to use & and if I try to place counters down, I have to very slowly and carefully place them down, so they can be evenly next to eachother. It does not automatically connect the counters for me.

I first noticed this problem when I went onto a website for some help with custom content, and they suggested I change the option settings for the CC to work. Well when I changed the options and loaded the game back up, it started acting like this. I've changed to options back to default settings, but it still won't work. I've even disabled the custom content. I really do not want to have to uninstall the game, because I have some expansion packs installed that I no longer have the disks to.

PLEASE HELP! My life has no meaning without The Sims! LMAO.
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
05-Dec-2009, 09:45 PM #3167
installing error
I am at this moment trying to re-install the first Sims 2 game, but everytime the installation gets to 48% it says this : A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file 'TSdata/Res/Sims3D/objects09.package' from the media. It then asks if I want to retry to copy the file or cancel the installation. Why is it doing this? I was just playing the sims 2 earlier today but decided to re-install due to other issues.
Someone, please help!

Thanks,

Jaimeroo

Last edited by jaimeroo; 05-Dec-2009 at 09:54 PM..
Member with 697 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
08-Dec-2009, 09:08 PM #3168
You know, this might be a bit out there... but I have a PILE of sims 2 discs that worked just fine on my friends PC/laptop/with windows XP in general. But when I install them on my computer... they will not run. Not a single one of them. I have the original plus 4 expansions and not one will run properly on vista. Is this a vista thing or what?

I can get them to run on my PC with windows XP though...

11-Dec-2009, 12:09 AM #3169
Problem with stuff pack installation!
When the installer is checking for updates for the stuff pack, it says that SIMS 2 is not properly installed and needs to be re-installed! Help! I'm running on Sims2 Deluxe.
Computer Specs

18-Dec-2009, 03:51 PM #3170
I don't know if this is the same for The Sims: 2, but I have The Sims: Pet Stories. It used to work, but my computer crashed and wouldn't start up. I repaired it, and didn't lose any of my data, but now Sims doesn't work and i keep getting a message that says,
"A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (7001)." What can I do? Any help is appreciated.

19-Dec-2009, 08:25 AM #3171
Hey Everyone =)

This question might of been awnsered already but I cant find it.

I installed Sims Pet Stories and it installed perfectly. But When I try to Play/Run it, it says " A required security module cannot be activated. This Program cannot be executed (7001)." WHAT THE FREAK DOES IT MEAN?!?
How do I fix this and where?

xoxo Twilight101

26-Dec-2009, 09:27 PM #3172
hi,
i just installed sims 2. every time i try to make a family it either freezes, or when it's loading the family, it freezes. i havent gotten past the "----- Family" loading screen once. i've looked at you forum for hours. i edited the target line but all it did was make the screen smaller and take off sound. pleases help!

btw i have a intel duel core processer and windows vista. i have a good enough gaming card a way enough memory. thnx

28-Dec-2009, 07:19 AM #3173
Sims 2 installation problem
I have a new laptop running Windows 7, When I try to install Sims 2 I get the error message : " Error executing "E:\support\The Sims 2-uninst.exe"%1 is not a valid win 32 application" I've been told that Windows 7 does not support Sims 2 - and to get VMware so I could run XP but this doesn't work??? Any ideas?

28-Dec-2009, 09:50 PM #3174
Cant read the CD.
I cant get the CD to read in my pc. I run on Vista, so it should be compatible. I have a copy of Sims 2 double deluxe edition that I'd like to play, but it insists on not running in my pc. I have dvd drive, my processor is 2.0 I downloaded direct x.

Is there a digital download? cause it doesnt register in the EA download manager.
Member with 697 posts.

28-Dec-2009, 09:52 PM #3175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzimisce View Post
I cant get the CD to read in my pc. I run on Vista, so it should be compatible. I have a copy of Sims 2 double deluxe edition that I'd like to play, but it insists on not running in my pc. I have dvd drive, my processor is 2.0 I downloaded direct x.

Is there a digital download? cause it doesnt register in the EA download manager.
Just because you are on vista doesnt mean it should be compatible.

I am on vista as well, and it doesnt work in the slightest. Always says there is no disc in the drive. Yet on the exact same PC, when running windows XP Pro, it works fine.
Computer Specs
Member with 45 posts.

30-Dec-2009, 07:04 AM #3176
Sorry if this question has been asked but too mant pages to go through. My bodyshop package installer has stopped working. I took sims2 off when I put sims3 on but hated it so have put sims2 back on. Tried re-loading twice but still won't work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.
Computer Specs

01-Jan-2010, 04:54 PM #3177
I just need a quick diagnosis: My laptop, a compaq nc6220, has more than enough memory and ram to run the game, but my issue is with the vid/graphics card, which has 'up to' 128 mb shared. I've been searching all day for a remedy, but no dice. Should I give up, or attempt to upgrade the vid card?

01-Jan-2010, 07:33 PM #3178
sims 2 deluxe problems
I sent my teen sim to go downtown and she has not returned yet. she has been gone for over a week. How do I GET HER BACK? I cannot ssave until she returns! Please help!!!!!!

Last edited by jenlschiffer; 01-Jan-2010 at 07:42 PM..

06-Jan-2010, 07:35 PM #3179
SO ii JUST RECENTLY BOUGHT THE SIMS 2 DOUBLE DELUXE, PETS, & UNIVERSITY LIFE COLLECTION..ii INSTALLED THEM ALL & THE GAME WORKS BT IT FREEZES WHEN II CREATE A NEW FAMILY, ATTEMPT TO SEND KIDS TO COLLEGE OR CREATE PETS.. WHAT SHOULD II DO ? ii HAVE A BRAND NEW DELLXPS M1330 LAPTOP, W| ALL THE NEW UPDATES & SOFTWARE.

17-Jan-2010, 06:26 PM #3180
ive had sims 2 for about a year and half now (double deluxe and Pets) and i reformatted i believe jan 3rd. i never had a problem with the game before the reformat. now it freezes up and i have to use control alt delete to get out of it. i never get a error messege. i have windows vista , and my computer is more than capable to play the game
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
expansion, sims

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!