Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Common Sims 2 Problems

(!)

Junior Member with 9 posts.

Experience: i know quite a bit,but a beginner with PC hardware
08-Dec-2005, 04:07 PM #961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiefrost9
download this new driver and update and see if it solves the problem:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...5&submit=Go%21

there are 2 drivers on this page..i downloaded the 1st one b/c it said the 2nd is intended for use by devolopers, but im not sure it was right.

08-Dec-2005, 04:28 PM #962
ok, i downloaded the first and went thru the wizard that pops up and it said to restart my computer, which i did, and nothing's happened. is there something else i need to do? i think i might need to unzip it, but where do i download winzip?
Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Would like things explained to me in detail.
08-Dec-2005, 07:51 PM #963
Problems Installing Sims 2 Bodyshop Starter Pack
I downloaded the sims 2 bodyshop starter pack 3 tiimes and i installed it. when i downloaded it i extracted it to the sims 2 downloads folder. i opened the body shop and still there were no extra items in it. i aslo extracted it in the bodyshop downloads folder and nothing. Can someone please tell me what im doing wrong. And all the downloads end with sims2skin. I been trying to get this to work for months and never got the right answers to solve this problem. I hope this site is the one that can help me. Thanks in advance. Another thing
when i downloaded it i use a download manager and it has its own folder. but i extract it to the downloads folder. I would download the starter pack, then extract it to the downloads folder. then i cllick the the starter pack icon and it has an install option. so i click install, within 2 seconds its installed. i go open bodyshop and nothing has changed. thats basically all i do. here's the addy. http://www.fileorama.com/games/The-...-pack/22319.htm well from one of the sites.
Junior Member with 1 posts.

09-Dec-2005, 01:05 AM #964
Installing Sims 2 NightLife (exp.) on previous Sims 2 DVD Edition.
I am trying to Install The Sims 2 Nightlife expansion, after main installition; a Sims 2 Updater appears and asks to insert The Sims 2 CD 4 into the Drive. But in my case, with the DVD Edition, I only have 2 discs (Game, and Bonus) I have tried placing both discs in the drive, and cannot get passed the "OK" button.

Any help greatly apprecieated.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 3,765 posts.

Experience: Advanced
09-Dec-2005, 01:46 AM #965
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenra2
ok, i downloaded the first and went thru the wizard that pops up and it said to restart my computer, which i did, and nothing's happened. is there something else i need to do? i think i might need to unzip it, but where do i download winzip?
you should download and run the first one, it does the installation for you so you shouldn't need to unzip anything. if it doesn't work im at a loss at what to do
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
09-Dec-2005, 01:55 AM #966
I have a question.......I have been playing the sims since it came out. I just started to download stuff from the Sims2 web page. When Im done and go to the game it loads everything just fine, but when I try to load a family it takes forever.......I could probably let it sit for hours and it would still say loading?????? PLEASE HELP
Computer Specs

09-Dec-2005, 06:43 PM #967
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimAholic
I have a question.......I have been playing the sims since it came out. I just started to download stuff from the Sims2 web page. When Im done and go to the game it loads everything just fine, but when I try to load a family it takes forever.......I could probably let it sit for hours and it would still say loading?????? PLEASE HELP
stop downloading stuff...
Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Would like things explained to me in detail.
10-Dec-2005, 01:09 AM #968
i guess there no forum that can answer or help me with my problem.

10-Dec-2005, 12:12 PM #969
it worked!!!yay! but onto another problem...how do i download stuff? i have the sims file maid 2 but the items dont show up. what i did was press download, save to the desktop, and pressed open folder. then i dragged it into the file maid box, and it said it was installed, but it isnt showing up in the game.

10-Dec-2005, 02:00 PM #970
nevermind...it ws working just perfectly for the past 3 days, but i downloaded some stuff(yes, i figured it out) and then i played it for about an hour and a half and then it froze up and that window that said 'friver stoppped responding' at the top popped up!AH! pleease help me!
Computer Specs

10-Dec-2005, 04:13 PM #971
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyCaramel
i guess there no forum that can answer or help me with my problem.
i have no idea so i guess so.
Computer Specs

10-Dec-2005, 04:14 PM #972
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenra2
nevermind...it ws working just perfectly for the past 3 days, but i downloaded some stuff(yes, i figured it out) and then i played it for about an hour and a half and then it froze up and that window that said 'friver stoppped responding' at the top popped up!AH! pleease help me!
this is a problem with downloading things, for some reason they seem to mess the game up. i dont know how to fix any problems with downloaded material other than just deleting them.
Computer Specs

10-Dec-2005, 04:16 PM #973
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeMike2k
I am trying to Install The Sims 2 Nightlife expansion, after main installition; a Sims 2 Updater appears and asks to insert The Sims 2 CD 4 into the Drive. But in my case, with the DVD Edition, I only have 2 discs (Game, and Bonus) I have tried placing both discs in the drive, and cannot get passed the "OK" button.

Any help greatly apprecieated.
is there a nightlife dvd edition? im not sure on this one

10-Dec-2005, 05:52 PM #974
how do i delete downloaded things?
Member with 43 posts.

Experience: Dabbler - I can find my w
12-Dec-2005, 12:48 PM #975
You have to go into "My Documents" find the EA Games folder, click on the Sims 2 folder, find the folder that says "Downloads" and delete the things you downloaded from in there. I would move them to another folder just in case that's not the problem. Then you can put them back later.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
expansion, sims

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!