Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

play ps2 on laptop

(!)

Senior Member with 187 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Dec-2004, 07:14 AM #1
play ps2 on laptop
i know the title was a little vague but i was wonderin if anybody knew a way i could hook my ps2 up to my laptop to play on that screen.
Junior Member with 25 posts.

Experience: Not good with hardware
17-Dec-2004, 12:37 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrobbstud
i know the title was a little vague but i was wonderin if anybody knew a way i could hook my ps2 up to my laptop to play on that screen.
I really don't think thats possible, If It Is, then maybe you might need to buy an adapter. usually from, Radio Shack, Circuit City, BestBuy, etc.

17-Dec-2004, 03:37 PM #3
what kinda adaptor you thinkin bout. just so i dont sound crazy when im askin around. what would i plug it into on my laptop. i dont think there is an in
Senior Member with 781 posts.

Experience: Studying for my CCNA
18-Dec-2004, 02:16 AM #4
What does the cable you connect to the TV from the PS2 look like?
Member with 31 posts.

18-Dec-2004, 02:37 AM #5
you could download an emulator, and the game you wanan play.

3 best problems with that.
1.games are really hard to find, and filled with viruses
2.need a really fast computer
3.and it's highly illegel

18-Dec-2004, 04:21 AM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrilhall
What does the cable you connect to the TV from the PS2 look like?
ok i know what your thinkin and belive me answerin a question with a question is somethin that excites me in ways i cant understand...however,,what my question basically meant to say was what would i be plugging the adapter that looks like the back of my tv into ON the laptop. what would i be adapting

18-Dec-2004, 04:31 AM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fod
you could download an emulator, and the game you wanan play.
3 best problems with that.
1.games are really hard to find, and filled with viruses
2.need a really fast computer
3.and it's highly illegel
why go through the trouble when i could just buy the game for pc and x out the virus'. im thinkin more like travel wise. were all over the country for Christmas no doubt taking out laptop and some might lug the ps2.upon entering the house u notice grannies floor model void of av jacks...or worse yet, grannies livingroom void of a floor model.Or just wanna bust a cap in private without all those little holiday *******s askin so many questions

18-Dec-2004, 04:34 AM #8
oops forgot u cant say *******s...umm fatherless. and what if i wanna save my game and play on the big screen. cant do that with emulator. thats what my pocket pc is for
Junior Member with 25 posts.

Experience: Not good with hardware
18-Dec-2004, 07:31 AM #9
before posting Read the rules fod, No illegal talk, As in Emulators. bigrob, I've heard of double posting but Triple posting.. lol, Try not to do that, Next time Press the Edit button, Anyway, Try searching Bestbuy.com CircuitCity.com or RadioShack.com or any other store, If you found what you wan't Go the the store and ask for that Adapter, Goodluck.
Member with 31 posts.

18-Dec-2004, 11:39 AM #10
i also said it was really illegel

19-Dec-2004, 12:20 AM #11
first...what is triple postin.i dont see where i did anything three times.and i thought the reason for forums was to look for help.what good would it be to search the stores if i dont know exactly what im lookin for or if the item even exists. have u tried searchin one of those sites when u dont know exactly what your lookin for.plus im thinkin somethin like that would be at a computer store not electronic all purpose department store
Senior Member with 460 posts.

20-Dec-2004, 12:24 AM #12
Having and using an emulator is not illigal. Using ROM images and discs to play games without paying for them is illigal.

I know that most people use emulators for the sole purposes of playing without paying, and I am not condoning that, however there ARE people that use them legitimately.

If you have tried to get your old NES system repaired to no avail and have no option to buy a new one(other than another most likely defective one from ebay) then you will know what I am talking about.
Senior Member with 1,964 posts.

Experience: Windows: Decent. Unix/Linux: Advanced +1
20-Dec-2004, 12:32 AM #13
That said, what you need is video-in for your laptop. Look for something like a dazzle adaptor, or ask around at your local electronics store for something that will allow video capture (IE an external tv card)
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,834 posts.

20-Dec-2004, 02:47 AM #14
Quote:
Having and using an emulator is not illigal. Using ROM images and discs to play games without paying for them is illigal.
OK, In order to USE the emulator, you need the ROMs. You can't use an emulator if you have no ROMs so therefore it's illegal. Emulators are designed for that reason alone and that's why we don't support it.

As for the Video Capture:

http://www.jknelectronics.com/vidcap1.htm

Try googling TV TUNER. RadioShack might be a good place to start, just to get the info you need. Depending on what you use (video cable which is the Red White and Yellow cable or the coaxile cable, the standard cable), you can ask them if they know a PCMCIA card that can plug those cables in. Best bet is the TV TUNER though

20-Dec-2004, 12:53 PM #15
the item at that link u provided wont work however it is intriguing.might get it anyway.but i did search external tv tuners on google and ebay.They ranged from 50 on ebay to 200 on various sites.most say that they are compatible or specially made for laptop.some have av, co ax and s video inputs so thank you for your suggestion. looks like that was a great deal of help.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!