Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: WoW error 132

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

17-Apr-2007, 10:29 AM #16
Error 132
I open the bios and load the setup defaults.

Then i never had a error 132 again.

Maybe it works for others....

Try and let us know..

Member with 45 posts.

23-May-2007, 07:58 PM #17
how did you setup the defaults for the bios?
Junior Member with 1 posts.

28-Jul-2007, 01:41 AM #18
hey guys

ive been getting wow error 132 for a couple months now, and its been becoming more and more frequent... i have a nvidia 6800 gforce, and a biostar m7ncd motherboard. the error said " the memory could not be read" so i just bought two one gig sticks of corsair ram (high quality) and ran mem test on them, which came back with no errors. I have tried changing memory settings to "slow down the memory" in my bios, like raising the cas latency, but it has not helped. i have updated video drivers and reinstalled the game and it has not helped.

My computer restarts randomly, and other games randomly close as well, which leads me to believe its a hardware problem, most likely the memory is not getting enough voltage from the motherboard. The annoying part is, this model of motherboard does not allow you to change voltage in its bios, you have to use a separate program, which does not seem to work for me. If anyone knows how i can get this program, called warpspeeder, to allow me to access the "overvoltage pannel " where one changes the voltage......or has any other suggestions to fix the problem, it would be much appreciated....
Computer Specs

Experience: Intermediate
04-Oct-2007, 05:43 AM #19
Nvidia Drivers are at fault!!
Here you go! Problem Solved!!! (for me any way)

I had 'error 132' for about 1 month.
Thinking back, I updated alot of the drivers for my computer. Namely the Nvidia Geforce Drivers (mine is a 7800GS - AGP)
Thats when I got the 'error 132' - Damn those latest Geforce drivers!

So, if you have a geforce, then downgrade to driver 93.71 (they are older drivers, but still work)

I repeat...

Drivers 93.71
93.71_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql.exe

Enjoy!

27-Jan-2008, 11:32 PM #20
I hatewowerror132 have you tried replacing your power supply that might fix the random restarting if you havent done that allready

08-Apr-2008, 08:46 PM #21
Red face error #132...... need advice.
Hello all. i also play world of warcraft. i have a level 70 night elf rogue on the server arygos. i recently had to renew my operating system and lost all my data. i have re downloaded world of warcraft but after i click open and select play on the mini screen. error message number 132 pops up also saying memory could not be read. have not gotten in yet. i am believeing it has something to do with my video and have downloaded ALOT of software and driver updates. nothing perceeding my situation. can anyone help me or give me any advice? would really appreciate any reccomendations. if anyone plays the arygos server, if you see fean online give me a yell. if i get the computer fixed of course.

09-Apr-2008, 01:17 PM #22
wow 132
have you check your divice manager to see if you have any yellow question marks
Computer Specs

21-Apr-2008, 04:27 PM #23
132 error WoW
This error exist because your DDR memory is instable.
Most reason is your bios setting is wrong.
The voltage setting mostly sets as AUTO
It's very important you set it to exact voltage
Example: ddr2 6400 setting 1.8 volt

If you change that setting your problem is solved.

I play now WoW no problems anymore

gr. Marcorius

22-Apr-2008, 10:45 AM #24
Hi all,

I thought I would respond to this thread with my own 132 problem instead of starting a new thread. Basically, 5 days ago, I started to get severe WoW crashes and Blue screens, Usually resulting in a complete PC restart but sometimes WoW would quit and I would get the Blizzard error box. Here is a short extract of the error message

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:004ABD5C

The instruction at "0x004ABD5C" referenced memory at "0x01345A34".
The memory could not be "read".

Naturally, I went straight to the Blizzard technical help forums and did some researching. It seems that this problem seems to be pretty common and there is a horde of angry gamers.
I have investigated alot of the possible solutions such as, deleting my WTF and Interface files, running the Blizzard repair utility, running it in OpenGL mode, Windowed mode, no addons etc, all to no avail unfortunatly. I gave WoW a rest and decided to play some other games while my research went on as to why this was happening. This is where things started to really worry me. I went to play TF2 and about 5minutes into my first game, I was Blue screened and restarted. I then tried a much older game (Dungeon Keeper 2) and got the same result, 15minutes into the game.

This very same thing started happening 2 days ago just by browsing the internet or doing running programs such as MSN. I then went back onto the Blizzard technical help again to see if anyone else had replied with a solution. It seems someone had pasted something from this forum, about changing the voltage input to my ram from Automatic to a set voltage.
I got a more technical minded friend to assist me in finding out the correct voltage and found out it should be set to 1.80v. I restarted and entered the Bios and changed this. Now things have been rectified somewhat apart from the gaming aspect. I mananaged one battleground in Warcraft before being closed and receiving a WoW error. It was very similar to the last error message except this time it was The memory could not be "written" (instead of "read"). I have not tried gaming since this (about 20:00hr yesterday).

My confusion about this problem is that it seems to have only occured since the 2.4 patch was implemented in WoW and their technical staff have admitted that the patch may bring to light some faults with my system that were underlying and unnoticable before.

I'm afraid my hardware knowledge is rather limited and spartan but I will do my best to understand any solutions. Here is some basical dxdiag information about my PC:

Time of this report: 4/22/2008, 16:42:11
Machine name: DRE-9E8E1A5268C
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 3582MB RAM
Page File: 670MB used, 6330MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

If there is anything else I can provide any one with to assist me with my problem I am happy to help and will be checking this thread regularly.

Thanks in advance <3

23-Apr-2008, 11:02 AM #25
Quick bump Not sure if I should have started a new thread about my problem as this thread is flagged as Solved. Once again, any help appreciated.

29-Apr-2008, 12:34 PM #26
My WoW has been crashing a lot recently, and it's really annoying.
I've checked the registry and the RAM, there are no abnormalities there.

Here is a copy of the error report I keep recieving, any help would be appreciated!

World of WarCraft (build 8125)

Exe: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\wow.exe
Time: Apr 29, 2008 6:25:36.921 PM
User: Neil
Computer: NEIL-D9826E36FB
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\wow.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:00633833

The instruction at "0x00633833" referenced memory at "0x01209C0B".
The memory could not be "written".
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!