Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: WoW error 132

(!)

Member with 128 posts.

26-Dec-2005, 05:18 PM #1
Solved: WoW error 132
I have contacted tech support for WoW and they seem to be of no help. I keep getting this error 132 alot and it says that the memory could not be read. WoW says it is a very generic error usually involving the memory. The most common is an overheating problem. So after i take the side off of the case and put a big fan next to it, the game runs alot longer before getting these errors. When the fan is off or case side it on i get it right away. I have no other problems with and other games. And the other games have much better graphics and require alot better specs than wow does. I also notice sometimes when im on internet explorer that i get the memory could not be read error. Not sure what it means. Anyone have any tips or has had this problem before? Thanks.
Senior Member with 429 posts.

Experience: Software Support / Trouble Shooter
27-Dec-2005, 05:23 PM #2
So are all your fans working (Case, Video Card, PSU, and Processor). Is your machine over-clocked? What are the other games you are playing that have better graphics? Have you tested your RAM to make sure that it is working fine with a RAM checking program?

When does this error occur in WoW? In the middle of gameplay, at loading of the game? Have you tried to reinstall WoW? Do you have any add-on's for your UI such as CT-MOD? If so have you deleted the WTF and WDB files and restarted the game? Have you tried turning off any addons at the beginning of the game?

Check your memory here:
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

BTW... just because WoW is not as visually impressive does not mean that the game less intensive on your machine... infact the very fact that it is a MMORPG makes it MORE demanding than other current games such as UT, DOOM etc... the very fact that there can be 10 or hundreds of toons on the screen at a given time, each with unique attributes, movements, etc makes this game VERY demanding on your machine... Check the memory and get back with the results.
Member with 128 posts.

28-Dec-2005, 08:33 PM #3
The case fans all appear to be working. There is one in the back, side and front. With one also on the Processor and video card. The digital temp. reads at anywhere from 41 degrees idle to up to 46 or 47 when gaming. I am not over-clocked. I can play games like EQ2, SWG, BattleField 2, and Tiger Woods 2006 without a problem.

The error occurs randomly in gameplay, but I notice it never happens in ironforge where the most people are at one time. It also seems to be darker in ironforge than the rest of the game...not sure if that helps. It happens alot when I get on the flying mounts and go to other locations besides ironforge. I also never get it in the instanced dungeons. It seems to all ways happen in the middle of gameplay. Never when loading, but sometimes I get it immediatly after logging on. I have re-installed WoW, didn't fix the problem. I do have the Cosmos mod, but it still happed right away when iI re-installed without putting the mod back on. I have deleted the WTF and WBD files and it still did it. I also took the vid setting all the way down, still didn't work.

I will run the test tonight and post results.
Member with 128 posts.

28-Dec-2005, 09:47 PM #4
I dont have a floppy drive and i cant seem to get the the test to boot from the CD i burned. I dont see how it could be bad...it has been fine with other games and other big MMOs. It is Corsair PC3200 SD DDR Ram. I have 2 sticks of 512...i have tried wow with just 1 stick in at a time...each time i got the error.
Junior Member with 29 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-Dec-2005, 03:46 PM #5
have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software? i know its a pain but its always a good start. i play WoW for HOURS and have not seen a single error ever. and i'm running 2 512's of 2700 memory.
Member with 128 posts.

29-Dec-2005, 05:33 PM #6
I just got done re-installing windows and i still get the error. I just spent 450 on a new MB, CPU, and video card...shoudld put an end to the error crap.

29-Dec-2005, 05:37 PM #7
You should be able to change your startup sequence to load from a CD drive by changing it in the BIOS at boot up and setting the CD drive as the default boot device and disabling all other devices. I know with some PCs this is accomplished via f12 or f10 key before even the first windows screen appears.

30-Dec-2005, 11:28 AM #8
BTW the microsoft program is not the only program out there for testing ram... you might want to see if you can find another.
Member with 42 posts.

31-Dec-2005, 10:20 PM #9
The 132 problem is 99% unique to WoW. The exception being 1 or 2 people who simply had bad sticks of RAM that caused the same error in one of the new top of the line offline games.

It isnt a software problem. Reinstalling WoW wont fix it, removing mods or having clean savedvariables wont fix it (thats Blizzards default cop out first answer for most problems), etc.

I have read page after page on the WoW boards and argued with the official tech board representatives over it. The occurance of the error is really pretty random. There doesnt seem to be an identifyable set of game circumstances that cause it reliably. I ran the game for nearly a year without ever having an error. Then 3 months after playing on a new machine, I started getting them. Well that machine went to hell and I had to gut it. New HD, PSU, & MB. Same CPU&RAM. After all the clean installs, new hardware, etc... I got one the very first day I booted it up. I still get them occasionally, but with no real frequency.

Also sadly the std memory testors will not identify any problems in the RAM unless the RAM is just simply bad. WoW techs admit that unless the RAM is just bad the std testors most likely will not reveal any problems with RAM getting the 132 erros.

OK. So what exactly is my point? After about 3 months of arguing over this, I think it really is 1 of 2 problems.

1) overheating of ram, cpu, or mb chipsets
2) the RAM that people are using is not of the *quality* that will run WoW as it was ment to be.

This is my opinions on the matter of RAM: All RAM is not created equal. A stick of RAM may not be *bad* in that it can preform all or 99% of the normal functions required by general computing with few enough errors that the system can ignore or compensate for them.

But the fact is that all RAM contains some degree of *badness*. Its just part of the manufacturing process. I call them deficiencies. In normal computing, there doesnt seem to be much of a difference in using *performance RAM* vs *budget* RAM.

BUT, WoW and similar MMOs are not normal computing. If you dig through all the WoW tech forum discussions, their stance boils down to a statement that WoW is a very demanding cutting edge piece of software that tends to bring out deficiencies in normal hardware. Sounds like a big cop out right? *shrugs* I gave up arguing with them over it.

So, make sure your RAM, CPU, MB chipsets are not overheating. If the error happens enough to make game play intolerable, and you have the cash... invest in some performance RAM. This is not the answer I want to hear either, but its the ones I have come to conclude.

If you have a cheap motherboard that is known to have some performance problems that could definitely affect things especially if you overclock. There are several threads where people fixed thier 132 problem by underclocking the FSB by 1 mghz or changed RAM CAS slightly and fixed thier problems. Even though they did not mention overclocking, I think they probably were which made thier system a bit unstable.

If I had the money, I would buy a pair of Kingston performance RAM myself. But right now my 132 are infrequent enough to not worry about it.
Member with 128 posts.

16-Mar-2006, 10:38 PM #10
I forgot about this thread, but in case anyone was wondering...I bought a new mobo, vid card, and cpu...turns out my old mobo had dr.pepper all over it...must of leaked in from the shelf above...quite funny actually, i needed an upgrade anyway, lol.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Oct-2006, 12:02 AM #11
wow error 132
well wa shud i do shud i take part my comp and just clean it up or wat i just did a sytem restore cuz my vent didnt work then i re installed wow and know it give me error 132 never ever happened to me before so can some one plz tell me wat to do before my weekends done plz
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 403 posts.

Experience: Advanced
21-Oct-2006, 12:07 AM #12
Maybe make a new thread? The 132 error (as well as others) are well documented on the WoW tech support board, so look, read and follow the advice there first.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Oct-2006, 12:34 AM #13
wow error 132
pardon can u tell me wat the mean by the WTFfiles and WTB is i dunt kn where to get that from and if u have msn plz add me chendu_iz_bak@hotmail.com ty
Computer Specs

Experience: not so beginner.i know many things bu i need help
03-Apr-2007, 07:31 AM #14
Unhappy error 132
i have this problem with error 132 too.i have installed and reinstall wow.when i try to play the file doesnt open and it says that i need directx 9 or up to date video drivers.After that i see on my screen error132.it says memory could not be written.i have directx 9.in wow support i tried to look for update these drivers but i found no help.what can i do?
Computer Specs

Experience: not so beginner.i know many things bu i need help
05-Apr-2007, 03:30 AM #15
Angry lol
i updated my video drivers but the game still doesnt open.i think that is something with ram.my 512 ram isnt enough i think.if i put 768mb ram will the game play?i hate this error!!!!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!