Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Roller Coaster Tycoon Problems

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: need help with rct 1... i need an exe
07-Dec-2006, 11:06 AM #16
i tryed. several times. but thats doesn t help... i was got a windows reinstall 2 but the problem still are. i think i have problem whit the exe file... long time ago i played this game in win xp prof but there was started the game and the problem was only that: i can t load game, like in others. but now doesent start and can t pach... so i think i need an exe file (rct.exe)... or the game... i downloaded the new version (new publisher) of the game but its only gived me 40 minute playing and than i need to pay for an 1998 game just because its pached and don t need to agonize whit that... unbelievable, so if someone can send me an rct.exe file send me it to my e mail: hobbitnewton@citromail.hu
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
23-Dec-2006, 09:50 AM #17
Quote:
RCT1 bought and manual and disc etc all in english... yet when you load the disc it says that the language is Swedish! so you can download the patch for the swedish version and install in swedish but you cannot play it because being english and all i cannot speak the swedish language! How do you overcome this issue?

Cheers
I bought RCT 1 ages ago from a retailer and when i installed it on my XP machine and tried to apply the patch and it said it was swedish i overcame it by doing this

opened up 2 explorer windows 1 with the cd drive content, 2 with the RCT install dir, "C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon", after going through a regular install.

on the CD there is a folder called "English" i navigated to that, selected all the files in the dir can dragged and dropped them into the RCT install directory, ( im not sure if all the files are necessary)

apply the UK patch and it should now be in English
Computer Specs

Experience: Intermediate
30-Dec-2006, 05:58 AM #18
I have a problem with rollercoaster tycoon 1. The game works fine, only one problem: when I try to load a park I saved, the game crashes without any message why.
Does somebody have the same problem or knows a way to solve it?
please send to my e-mail:pimo_janssen@hotmail.com or post here

Last edited by PIMp; 30-Dec-2006 at 06:07 AM..

07-Apr-2007, 12:39 PM #19
Exclamation registry entry
do u know how to fix it when the rollercoaster tycoon game installs and it says something about ERROR: COULD NOT INSTALL REGISTRY ENTRIES

How could u make it not do that, and what is a registry entry
Computer Specs
Member with 3,785 posts.

09-Apr-2007, 05:13 PM #20
Welcome to both of you.
PIMp; I recommend removing your email from the post. Spam bots can search forums for addresses. Any of your saves? If it's just one, the save may be corrupt.

blah102; Registry entries are addresses of sorts, that tell window where to look for things.
Basic info on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_registry
Not being able to "install" them could be, you don't have administrator rights.

Both of you may get better help and results if you start your own thread about your problem. Saves reading and getting advice mixed up.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 7 posts.

09-Apr-2007, 09:50 PM #21
What RCT is it? If it is RCT 1 or 2, simple fix I guess. Just re-install it.
RCT 1 and 2 both work on XP and Vista no problem. If it is RCT 3 then also try to reinstall it, but there may be a bigger problem.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

19-Apr-2007, 05:31 AM #22
problem with roller coaster tycoon
hi call me bobster i have a problem that was said before everthing is fine i the game but when i try to load my succesfully saved game it exits rctycoon and says:

exception raised - access violation

00000000, 00000000, 00000000, 00000000

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i need help
Computer Specs
Member with 138 posts.

Experience: Intermediate-advanced
20-Apr-2007, 01:49 PM #23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie29c
hi call me bobster i have a problem that was said before everthing is fine i the game but when i try to load my succesfully saved game it exits rctycoon and says:

exception raised - access violation

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i need help
That might be an administrator rights problem. Are you playing the game on a limited user account? If you are, try playing on an account with full admin rights. I found that many games won't let you load or in some cases save on a limited user account. (hence the reason my kids now have their own computer)

29-Apr-2007, 02:01 PM #24
I hvae problems with loading the games, I can only find a patch for RTC3 now, I have RTC1, but I have not been able to play it for a while now, I have XP pro, I have the full version I can play it but I cannot load any saved games which is really frustrating can anyone help?
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

18-May-2007, 05:59 AM #25
Rctycoon
No, i do have admin rights i think the problem is to do with xp(i am running windows xp home edition)because my friend run sit fine on his windows 98 second edition
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!