Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Joystick Troubles

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
08-May-2006, 01:32 PM #1
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Joystick Troubles
Hope someone can help?

I recently purchased a RumblePad 2 Joypad for the PC and was hoping to use this with Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The problem is that the 2nd analogue stick does not function as you would expect and as a result I am unable to view without using the mouse. I am getting better using the keyboard and mouse, but would really like to make use of the joypad.

I did see a link at support.bethsoft.com but it doesn't work?

Any ideas?
Computer Specs
Member with 5,037 posts.

Experience: I get by
08-May-2006, 02:45 PM #2
This link may help you out. theres tips about gamepad use at the bottom of the page.
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/i...owtopic=274228

to give you a personal oppinion though, once you get used to the keyboard / mouse combo it plays so much better than a gamepad (especially if you have a mouse with 5 or 6 buttons ... you can map from within the game)

08-May-2006, 02:59 PM #3
I've seen that link and followed the advice, however the 2nd (right) analogue stick will not allow me to view! However, good advice about the mouse - should have purchased a new mouse instead. Cheers tho...

08-May-2006, 04:44 PM #4
Sorted now. Downloaded the control mapper ControlMKv0232 from http://redcl0ud.com/controlmk/index.html. Used this tool to map the Z Axis/Rotation (right analog stick) to the mouse movement. Did the trick perfectly! Just in case anyone is wondering, I didn't configure any other buttons within ControlMK for the joypad - left that to be configured within the game itself.

After all that and having got used to the mouse controls again, it's going to take a bit of time getting used to the joypad! Whats best a combination of keyboard and mouse or a gamepad of sorts? Now that's a debate!
Computer Specs
Member with 5,037 posts.

Experience: I get by
08-May-2006, 06:32 PM #5
glad you got it sorted, I gave up on gamepads a long time ago so didn't really know how to help you out other than remembering seing that thread on Bethesdas site.

and nah .. its no debate at all ... PC Gamer proved it in an article a few months ago (playing Halo I believe) they pited one team (Xbox users with xbox gamepads on a pc) against pc users (using mouse keyboard combos). The boys on the mouse/keybooards kicked butt ! ! !
Computer Specs
Member with 1,050 posts.

09-May-2006, 12:26 AM #6
I believe the patch that is currently available for Oblivion addresses some joystick problems. (it is a beta patch). I also believe that the game has some problems with joysticks and recommends that they be actually disconnected. The only problem I have had with the game was fixed by simply unplugging my joystick which was not being used by anything anyway.
Junior Member with 1 posts.

20-Mar-2007, 12:51 AM #7
My mouse is crazy
How i configure controlMK? Z+ Z- RotateZ- Rotate Z+, i put all the options but my mouse still crazy when i configure the rotate.....PLEASE GIVE ME THE CONFIGURATION...gpavanelli@gmail.com

THANK YOU AND SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
08-Mar-2008, 04:51 PM #8
I need help with this contromk as well how do i use it. Help!!!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!