Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Operation Flashpoint Graphics Problem

(!)

buginson buginson is offline buginson has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 69 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
03-Jul-2006, 11:42 AM #1
Question Operation Flashpoint Graphics Problem
Just dug out operation flashpoint from my old games collection and installed it on my new PC.

The game starts to run but freezes at verious points until the game eventually closes (or crashes).

When i restart the game it won't load up and shows the error message:-

Cannot create 3D device,
Resoultion 320x200,
Format X8R8G8B8/D24S8,
refresh 75Hz Error D3DERR_Notavailable

I dont understand what the problem is and how to fix it, i've tried various resoulations but to no avail.

I have a AMD3000+ 64
256MB DDR Club nVIDIA GeForce FX5200
256mb ram
160GB HD

Used to have a AMD1600+ with 32MB Geforce MX card which worked fine with the game although now it's blown up so i wanted to run it on my new pc.

Hope anyone can help.

Many thanks.
buginson buginson is offline buginson has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 69 posts.

24-Aug-2006, 07:30 AM #2
Well if anyone ever reads this, the game now nolonger comes up with the error message as i've installed a previous version of my video card driver, though the game still runs for a while and then crashes.

I tried it today and after it crashed i used dxdiag to test the graphics and it failed on Direct 3D Acceleration Test. See Attachment
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any help understanding all this strange information and any fix would be great.
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiagtestfail.txt (38.3 KB, 167 views)
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 586 posts.

24-Aug-2006, 11:27 AM #3
I have a similar problem running that game on a new system; it may just not support newer hardware.

Your best bet would be to contact CodeMasters (I think that's who made the game) and see if the game is supported with newer systems.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!