Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

how to fix memory.dll problem

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Nov-2006, 07:40 PM #1
how to fix memory.dll problem
since i got battlefield 2142 iv been getting these memory.dll problem...it says"memory.dll: sanity check:block size -120614950 (2945.73MB)doesnt seem sane" and i havent been able to fix it.. i cleared my temp folder..i increased my page file size..iv re-installed the game more then a dozen times.. has anyone have this probem before in the passed and has found a fix?
Computer Specs
Member with 3,782 posts.

13-Nov-2006, 08:10 PM #2
Welcome to TSG!

This any help?
Quote:
OCCT and prime95 stable for like 13 hrs (a64 3000 venice). Memtest stable overnight.
This rig has been rock solid except for this game but with any BF launch I almost expect a huge amount of bugs. I've read several posts on this memory.dll error so far but no solutions.

Since this game looks to be using pretty much the same exact engine as BF 2 you would think it would be a mature stable engine by now. I guess not.

UPDATE: I just cleared out my temp directory ("C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp") and it works now. Weird. I've only had one other game that ever gave me issues with the temp dir and that was crimson skies from way back.
Anyways, seems to run fine under 1600X1200 now.

UPDATE 2: Ok that wasn't it. As long as I don't start a single player on Cerbere right after the game first loads I'm fine. But if I pick that map first then it always crashes with a memory.dll error. I can reproduce it everytime. If I load a different map first then go back to Cerbere it works fine. Yeah Buggy as hell like I said before.
Taken from here.. post # 23 ;http://www.quartertothree.com/game-t...ad.php?t=30247

Also a recommendation to set your resolution to one the game supports.. ??? Still looking.
Computer Specs
Member with 3,782 posts.

13-Nov-2006, 08:24 PM #3
Also.. Did you download it or get the CD?

It seems many blame a poor installer that comes with the downloaded ones.. (from EA or even the Demo)

Wow, the more I read the more people I see with the same error...
Some just give up... Sorry, but I haven't found a definite solve for this yet..
One guy said the original worked but as soon as it's patched the error shows..

???? I'm lost... ???
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Nov-2006, 08:40 PM #4
yea...i havent found a answer yet either i donno what causes it. this isnt a old problem in the commuinity of bf ppl from bf2 have had this problem.
i bought it from a local Game Stop.pre-ordered it back in June...so im gessing maybe the disc it self is messed..but one time i got one map to work and then they worked but i had to uninstall it... and now right back where i was when i first got it

Last edited by hakojako; 13-Nov-2006 at 08:54 PM..
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
26-Nov-2006, 05:00 AM #5
Solution. Sortof
Hey guys, I have been I think through every forum on the net dealing with this game and battlefield 2142 crashing. I have tried everything from deleting folders, registry entries, reinstalling, OS reinstall, and bug fixes. The customers PC I had this problem with was on a 3800X2 dual core athlon system with 1GB of memory and a 7600GT video card. The two errors I was having was first, the game just flat out was not starting, just booting for a bit and then back to desktop. The other error I would get was some stupid Sanity Memory error which would happen half way through booting into a map which didn't make any sense because the memory was good. I found a solution. I installed windows 2000 pro instead of windows XP. After installing windows 2000 all errors I once had with this game were non existent. I installed the games and the current packages and everything just worked. Not sure why this works with windows 2000 for me and not XP. Thought I let everyone know.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!