Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Error starting sims2 Box with red circle and x

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Einstein
23-Mar-2007, 07:25 PM #1
Error starting sims2 Box with red circle and x
I have had the sims 2 now for over a year and just recently started having a really odd thing happen. I have all the expansion packs. Game has been playing fine until about a month ago, I have had to uninstall and reinstall several times to see if this will fix my error. I insert my cd into my drive and it acts like it is going to load the game but after a few secons a blue box comes up with

The Sims 2 X
a red Circle with an X in the middle

OK

Can someone tell me what this means and what can I do with out having to uninstall my game and start all over.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
23-Mar-2007, 10:05 PM #2
Hi!

I have been playing TS2 since it came out and the problem may be related to the Custom Content you added. Sometimes if you add a lot at any given time, you'll need to delete the "Groups.cache" file. You can find this in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2. It's in the same directory you find your downloads folder, near the bottom. It is safe to delete this file. It will regenerate itself. I have a lot of custom content downloads and when I was initially adding things, I encountered this on several occasions. I delete it everytime I add new content, now.

This should work for you. I don't know that it has ever happened to people who don't use custom content, but it is possible, I suppose. I hope it works.
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Jul-2008, 06:04 PM #3
Red x
That same thing is happening to me (the red x thing) but i havent ever played it on my computer before, i tried deleting that file but it didnt work. Do you have any ideas?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!