Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

can i play xbox360 on my laptop via vga?

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
17-May-2007, 05:28 PM #1
can i play xbox360 on my laptop via vga?
hi, i have an inspiron 9300 and it comes with a vga port. now, i have an xbox 360 and i bought a vga cable for it and i connected the wires to the vga port on my laptop. it doesn't seem to be displaying my xbox.

so, i would like to know: 1.a. is it even possible to use my laptop as a monitor for my xbox360 via vga cables.

1.b and if so, how?
Computer Specs
Member with 1,050 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-May-2007, 05:33 AM #2
I'm going to assume that you are not kidding with this question. The laptop VGA port is to enable you to use an external monitor instead of the laptops built in display.
Senior Member with 130 posts.

Experience: Advanced
23-May-2007, 10:32 AM #3
yes it would be possible to use your laptop as the monitor, in stores you can buy a xbox to vga adapter, the wire which says "tv" or hdtv" has a monitor extensino at the end...
Computer Specs
Member with 1,050 posts.

24-May-2007, 06:43 AM #4
I would be interested in knowing if that xbox to vga adapter would allow the laptop display to be utilized for what sokhum is attempting to do. If it works please post here and let us know.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 941 posts.

24-May-2007, 06:55 AM #5
I think it will only display the output to be honest, if it actually allows the computer to directly input data directly back to the XBOX and display the output too, i will a very suprised man. In short, i think what you want is not possible, though you would be able to display the output but not directly manipulate the data from PC to XBOX.

Nick.
Senior Member with 246 posts.

24-May-2007, 08:21 AM #6
I'd agree with Maverick on this. I think you would need to have a special card installed on your laptop in order to be able to do what you want (like the TV cards for pc - you can use them to have the TV image displayed on the pc monitor).
the VGA socket on your laptop serves, as alwrmc correctly said previously, to enable you to use an extra monitor (or alternative monitor) for your laptop.

However, I reckon you'd have no problem having the laptop's monitor's image displayed on the XBOX
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!