Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

pogo games/won't load n play HELP PLEASE!!!

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: u don't wanna know
28-Jun-2007, 12:43 AM #1
Angry pogo games/won't load n play HELP PLEASE!!!

Okay Tech Guy, I am so upset, I have cried my eyes out. I am not real computer tech as you can see but I am trying and reading everything I can get my hands on. Here goes:
(plus I am older, and have had a stroke so any advice you could give me would be so appreciated) I have installed Sunmicrosystems along with Adobe, and mozilla & foxfire families, then unistalled and reinstalled to no avail. I know I am not out of memory as I have enclosed below. I have totally been all over my computer second guessing why my pogo games won't load and my avatar hasn't loaded in over two months? My friends have tried to help me and my good friend has moved to another state who will be coming through says it just doesn't seem I should need memory but he will check it anyways..(when he comes by) I am trusting you so much if you ask my name and pw to any of these issues I will gladly give them to you. I am just so ill from this all. If you reply to me please explain laymanly how to get there and do what. My mind does not allow some things to register right. ( plus forgive me I am a d.a.)Thank you and this is really a great place. I have read every forum looking for the same issues I have but haven't found any.
Thanks for your time! Hope to hear from you.
Lea

AOL 9.0 VR

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name YOUR-QT3AQ81VB5
System Manufacturer eMachines, Inc.
System Model D845GVSR
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2799 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. SR84510B.44T.0019.P03.0402081958, 2/8/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name YOUR-QT3AQ81VB5\Lea
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 63.61 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.20 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

this I wrote to pogo: (Never got an answer)
To whom it may concern;
I am so upset with this computer I am ready to just sit down and cry. I have tried installing, uninstalling, add-ons, new tool bars etc. I am
sick of it. I am on VR aol, SunJava, Windows XP, aol browser..etc, etc, etc!! I now know I am not alone in this mess, I read the forum. What is going on?? My avatar will not load in any room, half the games I cannot play because they won't download and I get messages saying several issues, such as Java, update security, and many more. Please, Please, Please, help me. Without Pogo I don't even care wether or not I have a machine. I now you get slammed with this mail everyday but please help me, I have been a loyal member, and I cannot do anything else with my time as I have had a stroke and this is my sanity!!! PLUS.. I miss my badges, they don't load either. Please help me.
Thank you, look forward to hearing from you???
Lea aka Lesoez2

The following error has occurred:
Could Not Load Game Images
Explanation:
The game applet encountered one or more errors downloading images from our servers.

This could be due to a host of issues including other software running on your computer; temporary problems with our network, the internet, or your network connection; temporary problems with our server, or an error in our game; or insufficient memory available on your computer.

How to Fix the Problem (All Computer Types):
There may be software running on your computer that is preventing the game from downloading images that it needs in order to run properly. This software could be an ad blocker, firewall, anti-virus or some other Internet Security program. You may want to try disabling or configuring this software so it does not interfere with Pogo.comô games.

Try loading the game again; if the problem was a rare network error, it is unlikely to happen again.

Try loading the game again at a later time; if we were experiencing problems with our network or servers, we may have fixed them.

Try loading our game with no other applications running. Each program you run uses up some portion of your computer's memory and resources.

I have done this all and have no idea why!!!
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,559 posts.

28-Jun-2007, 01:21 AM #2
Hello and welcome

Pogo Games (as well as other games like Yahoo!) always some kind of issues, so don't feel that it's only you.

If you do use FireFox, this may help your image problem. (not 100% on this)

Go to Tools > Options > Content Tab. Make sure Block Pop-up Ads is checked, and click Exceptions next to it. Type in www.pogo.com and press Allow. That should show on your list (if its not on there already). Click OK and make sure Load Images Automatically is checked, and then in the Exceptions button for that, do the same (click Allow). Make sure that you don't have www.pogo.com as denied. OK that and below that make sure Allow Java is checked.

Another thing that you can try is making sure that FireFox and Java is updated.
Computer Specs

28-Jun-2007, 01:57 PM #3
Thank you for your prompt reply, at least someone cares. Here's the deal..its says in java console "out of memory" I have reset virtual memory and it doesn't change even with restart. Now what? Am I totally out of the game thing forever? still stays at 754 when I tried changing it. I run windowsXP and have aolvr. Got anymore ideas, I will try anything once hon and thank you again for being so nice.
Lea
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.

28-Jun-2007, 02:28 PM #4
I'm not too familiar with Java, but if you go to Java's Contact Page then they should be able to help you with the Out Of Memory issue. That's sounds like the cause of your problem.
Computer Specs
Member with 32,623 posts.

28-Jun-2007, 02:31 PM #5
Hello try this scan and check you have the latest versions please

http://secunia.com/software_inspector/
Computer Specs
Member with 1,228 posts.

Experience: Advanced
28-Jun-2007, 02:50 PM #6
Java keeps it own cache as well. So, as well as clearing out your normal IE Temporary Internet files, you need to clear out the Java cache.
Open the Java Control Panel, click on Settings... at the bottom and then select Delete files.

Also, open My Computer and check to see if you have enough free space on your C: drive.
Low amounts of free space can affect applications in different ways.
Computer Specs

28-Jun-2007, 09:14 PM #7
Thank You ever so much!!!
Thank you so much for posting to me all 3 of you, Couriant, Blackmirror and Peterh.
you guys are wonderful now to figure out how to donate. Thank you again so much!!!
My memory is 1st on the list...thanks! Lea
Computer Specs

28-Jun-2007, 10:55 PM #8
If I could just Kiss you 3 I would!!! First, Again with all my heart Thank you, Thank You!!! Peter...ran the checks and deleted files on java control panel ( which I did not know I could ) results were: My Computer Total free space 63.7 GB taotal size: 76.6 GB wow ,I have had this pc for 4 or 5 years and thats all I have used because before crashing my computer I never downloaded anything. ( too scared) You my friend are totally awesome!

Blackmirror, my UK friend, Thank you ever so much for turning me on to that program..in as little to say we are updating and donloading newer software, I had 12 programs installed, no errors (Thank God) 8 secure 4 insecure. Working on them now. Ty, Ty, Ty,!!!

Thank you Tech support guy my mouth is so big now telling all about your site. You have invented a wonderful solution for D.A.'s like me!! Ty, Ty, Ty,!!! Lea

29-Jun-2007, 12:55 AM #9
So I take it you are back up and running?

oh, and if you are a D.A. in the CA area, I need some legal advice
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Jan-2008, 09:19 PM #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couriant View Post
Hello and welcome

Pogo Games (as well as other games like Yahoo!) always some kind of issues, so don't feel that it's only you.

If you do use FireFox, this may help your image problem. (not 100% on this)

Go to Tools > Options > Content Tab. Make sure Block Pop-up Ads is checked, and click Exceptions next to it. Type in www.pogo.com and press Allow. That should show on your list (if its not on there already). Click OK and make sure Load Images Automatically is checked, and then in the Exceptions button for that, do the same (click Allow). Make sure that you don't have www.pogo.com as denied. OK that and below that make sure Allow Java is checked.

Another thing that you can try is making sure that FireFox and Java is updated.
I'm having the same problems but my browser is AOL. Popups from www.pogo.com are allowed but I've been unable to find the tool area for allowing images. Any ideas?
Junior Member with 18 posts.

Experience: Beginner
26-Feb-2008, 02:12 AM #11
I am getting messages when I try to run pogo that my security settings won't allow it to run and may interefere with the program, have tried to reset all security from the tools,internet options, security and nothing changes, I am running windows 2000 pro.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,228 posts.

Experience: Advanced
26-Feb-2008, 06:39 PM #12
Try the security options in the Java control panel on the Advanced tab.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!