Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Cannot install WoW

(!)

Senior Member with 115 posts.

23-Sep-2007, 01:16 AM #1
Solved: Cannot install WoW
I reformatted my hard drive and am now trying to re-install world of warcraft but whenever i try and install it i get the following error...

The file "D:\Installer Tome 3.mpq" could not be opened, because an error -2062548861 occurred. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (OpenArchive::Execute)

I tried copying the files onto my hard drive but no dice. I dont think its the CD because other people have had this problem and tried different CD's with no luck. The only thing is no one has posted a fix to this error in any of the forums, so i was wondering if anyone knew what to do? Thanks!!!
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
23-Sep-2007, 05:37 AM #2
I know that when i had switched to vista i had to run the installer as an administrator. Just right click and give that a shot. I have to clue if its not for vista.
Senior Member with 115 posts.

23-Sep-2007, 12:15 PM #3
I am running XP and i am an administrator already...any other ideas?
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Sep-2007, 04:29 AM #4
well my only other idea is to actually use the support and email them. Thats how i fixed mine on xp.
Computer Specs
Member with 3,782 posts.

25-Sep-2007, 02:34 AM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helter23
I tried copying the files onto my hard drive but no dice. I dont think its the CD because other people have had this problem and tried different CD's with no luck. The only thing is no one has posted a fix to this error in any of the forums, so i was wondering if anyone knew what to do? Thanks!!!

....... and?
Marked solved but still no fix?

Edit; From what I read it's bad discs. Changing your CD/DVD drive has helped a few people. As not all drives read the same.

Last edited by Super-D-38; 25-Sep-2007 at 02:44 AM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!