Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Counter strike 1.6 lacking words!!!

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 9 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Oct-2007, 02:11 AM #1
Counter strike 1.6 lacking words!!!
helo!!! ive been playing counter strike for abotu 2 years now, and jsut one day all of a sudden, i launched my game as usual and the e words are mssing.fonts were all messed up and all the words are missing. I cant choose what server to join and things like that because there are no letters what so ever, other than that the game works fine. I cant see the ping of the servers, when im ina a game i cant tell whats the name of the gun and such. i need help fixing this. anyone can? btw this only happens to my counter strike game. my toehr games are fine thxx!!!
Member with 12 posts.

28-Oct-2007, 03:42 AM #2
you probably just installed or uninstalled a program that used special fonts. try system restore or try reinstalling the game?
Computer Specs

28-Oct-2007, 04:18 AM #3
like i tried that already probly 4 times? ad waht did u mean about installing a prograam with special fonts?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 0-0?
Member with 42 posts.

Experience: Beginner
28-Oct-2007, 12:48 PM #4
did u try deleting the cs folder in program files?
Computer Specs

29-Oct-2007, 12:40 AM #5
yesssss, done that maybe twice, jsut the ones in program files
Computer Specs

29-Oct-2007, 04:06 AM #6
HI again! i got mroe info taht can hopefully help anyone willing to help. i tried installing my cs condition zero (not 1.6) on my computer because the 1.6 reminded me of it in a way so i jsut wanted to play it and just checked if i had the same error. apparently i do... there are no words in the condition zero game just like cs 1.6. im guuessing it might be more advanced then like just reinstalling. im guessing it might be something to do with file registries or config files around my hard drive. too bad i dont know much about that, but thats jsut a guess. i would try and install half life 2 just to see if i have the same error, but i cant find my disk :$ . thx all! hope this helps you help me!!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!