Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Wii/Netgear internet problem

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Beginner
29-Jan-2008, 04:45 PM #1
Solved: Wii/Netgear internet problem
Hi,
I have a netgear router that I am trying to use to connect wirelessly ti my Wii. Here is my houses computer setup, me and my dad's computers are behind a NAT router which is downstairs on top of his computer. I am trying put my netgear router in my room next to my computer. My Wii is downstairs near my dad's computer. He doesnt want me using that one for the Wii. When I hook up the router to the wall and computer and go through the whole installation process, i open up the internet and threre's nothing there. The installer says that there should be, but there isn't.I have everything hooked up correctly. If anyone knows what the problem is, any help would be appreciated. Thanks and sorry if i didn't explain too well.
-Brian
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,896 posts.

30-Jan-2008, 02:01 AM #2
well it will depend on certain things:

"When I hook up the router to the wall "

Is this a direct connection to the internet, or somewhere else? If it goes to the other router, I would put the cord into one of the LAN ports, and disable the WAN port. That way you get an IP address from the other router, but then I'm going too far with this without more info.
Computer Specs
Member with 2,088 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Jan-2008, 07:05 AM #3
why would u need a router in your room? surely u can connect the wii wirelessly to ur dads router down stairs?
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,896 posts.

30-Jan-2008, 05:14 PM #4
Bloo, i think you need glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimac
My Wii is downstairs near my dad's computer. He doesnt want me using that one for the Wii. ...

Though it would be easier.
Computer Specs
Member with 2,088 posts.

Experience: Advanced
31-Jan-2008, 03:44 AM #5
yeh but y not? all the wii is gonna be doin is browesing the web...not gonna take up any band width for that...and downloading the occasional update..

and unless u have 2 phone points in ur house with 2 different broadband accounts then ther is no point taking a router up stairs too...cos its still gonna use ur dads band width...
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!