Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Garry's Mod: hl2.exe - Applictaion Error

(!)

Member with 294 posts.

11-Jun-2008, 08:11 PM #1
Solved: Garry's Mod: hl2.exe - Applictaion Error
whenever i run garrys mod, this error pops up:

Garry's Mod: hl2.exe - Applictaion Error

The instruction at "0x0001030f" referenced memory at "00xa142f72". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program

what do i do??
Computer Specs
Member with 868 posts.

Experience: Advanced
11-Jun-2008, 09:48 PM #2
What OS are you on? Is it Garry's Mod 9 (the free one) or the newest version? Does it happen directly after launching the game?
Member with 294 posts.

12-Jun-2008, 12:25 AM #3
its the newest one, ran from steam... and it happens during the first loading screen, before any menus appear
Junior Member with 1 posts.

12-Jun-2008, 08:07 AM #4
Hmmm, i got the same error this morning =/ And yesterday i played it fine... Im guessing its something to do with an update or something.
I also use the new one on steam.
Any suggestions?
Junior Member with 3 posts.

12-Jun-2008, 11:35 AM #5
Omg i havent played that in a bit and i went on it in the morning and i got just the same error hl2.exe.... And i have been on many sites and seen everyone talking about it but no one knows how to get rid of it i think it is the update because there is no other reason and i guess we will have to wait for our time to the next update... lol sorry if nothing i said helped but im just going to sit back play CSS and wait for the new update
Junior Member with 1 posts.

12-Jun-2008, 01:16 PM #6
Yea, I just got it there and then I done the update. It still isn't working...
This is annoying because it was working the other day!! But now its not! Please give some more suggestions because i really want to play it!
Computer Specs
Member with 868 posts.

12-Jun-2008, 02:59 PM #7
Heh, I haven't played that game in a while. It's happening to me too. Let's try to find out if it is happening with everyone or just certain computer configurations. What OS are you on, are you on 32 or 64-bit, what programs do you have installed, and what is your hardware configuration? I'm on Vista 32-bit and I'm having the same exact problem as you guys. If anyone is not getting this error, please post your computer configuration including all the stuff I said above. All my other computer information is in my profile and I attached a list of installed programs below.
Attached Files
File Type: txt install.txt (2.3 KB, 754 views)
Junior Member with 2 posts.

12-Jun-2008, 03:23 PM #8
I'm having the same problem. I was able to play it two days ago but today it gave me the error.
I launch GMod 10, it opens up the window with the loading screen, and before it gets to the menu it freezes saying "hl2.exe has stopped working". I'm using windows vista but I don't think that's the problem because I just played it without any problems a couple days ago.
Computer Specs
Member with 868 posts.

12-Jun-2008, 04:08 PM #9
Anything can be the problem considering how it's happening to tons of people. It could also be a Steam client update causing this, but we won't know for sure until we have more information.

12-Jun-2008, 05:37 PM #10
Hmm Well i was looking and it seems to be going on with the more people that have vista, windows XP pro, Windows XP Home. Just them sort of things really.

PS.. Im not really good with computers so i will be one of the people that might not find out because of the lack of computer skills lol

Flickerz
Junior Member with 2 posts.

12-Jun-2008, 05:48 PM #11
The Garry's Mod website realised this error and sent an update to Valve.(http://garrysmod.com/)

If you try to play it again I think it'll download the update and be ready to play.

12-Jun-2008, 06:27 PM #12
o thanks kool
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!