Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

WoW freezes on second license agreement

(!)

sup2a has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 1,351 posts.

Experience: Intermediate-Advanced
16-Jul-2008, 08:25 PM #1
WoW freezes on second license agreement
I had the strangest urge to play WoW again..after quitting months ago, so i loaded it up... the whole 3 hours of installation, and downloaded patches (all 900+ Mb of them) and loaded up the game, it took longer than i was used to (mind you i haven't played for months) i got to making a new character the first time i loaded it, but ti froze... couldnt get task manager up so i had to turn the comp off at the power, thought it would just be a one off thing so i tried again, this time and the times after it has only made it to the 2nd agreement just after i press agree, but i can get task manager up and quit...i thought it may just be the patches so, i deleted patch.mpq and ran the repair utility, it said the usual and tried to roll back to the previous... it couldnt.... now im stuck... one thing i found strange was, i didn't have to type in the game key, is this because it already had it installed months ago?
Computer Specs
Member with 61 posts.

Experience: Beginner
16-Jul-2008, 09:24 PM #2
I never had to type in a game key. This will suck, but you might have to uninstall/reinstall WoW again.
sup2a has a Photo Album
Computer Specs

16-Jul-2008, 11:54 PM #3
already done, got to log in again but then back to the agreement
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 403 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Jul-2008, 06:52 AM #4
Try deleting your config.wtf file.
Computer Specs
Member with 3,206 posts.

17-Jul-2008, 08:12 AM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sup2a View Post
one thing i found strange was, i didn't have to type in the game key, is this because it already had it installed months ago?
If I remember correctly the CD Key is linked to your Blizzard account (setup on their website) not the installation of the client software. Otherwise you would only be able to log into you account on PC you installed the software on.
sup2a has a Photo Album
Computer Specs

17-Jul-2008, 08:21 AM #6
ahh right, the config.wtf didn't work, didn't change anything either. Think im a little stuffed... probably a good thing...WoW is pure evil anywayz... still i wouldnt mind getting it working as i know many people play WoW and i know of a few people with the same problem.
Member with 68 posts.

17-Jul-2008, 04:10 PM #7
What kind of graphics card do you have, how much RAM, what processor, and does this happen with any other game?
sup2a has a Photo Album
Computer Specs

17-Jul-2008, 09:31 PM #8
its computer 2 on the list, its the families computer, (1.4gb cheap junk RAM, cheap Celeron and the integrated X200 (256Mb) card) However, I know the computer can play the game, it has before for almost a year no problems, my m8 still plays on a lesser system 448Mb RAM 32mb card. I dont play games much on this computer, but because its the only computer connected to the net I played WoW on it. (i think it was around 10-12 months BC and fully patched)
Member with 68 posts.

18-Jul-2008, 09:47 AM #9
You got a wierd problem dude. It may be possible to due to all the various patching that the minimum requirements were raised? Idk.

Try backup your WTF, Account and Interface folders. Then remove the folders from the account and interface folders. Also delete the contents in the WTF folder. They are all backed up so it''ll be easy to get all your stuff back again.

This will allow you to try the game with no mods, default UI, default settings, etc.

Make sure all your drivers are up to date (I'm sure you've heard that before)

Last, I know I don't want to say it cause it takes 4 hours to do, but try reinstalling the game.
sup2a has a Photo Album
Computer Specs

18-Jul-2008, 11:08 PM #10
Yea, ive never seen a problem like this for a game... il give it a go, but the whole WoW folder looks in bad shape now.... i thought a re-install would fix it... but i tried before....but nothing...

if the min requirements were raised, it probably wouldn't let me onto a server... but freeze on the agreement? but the thing is, my computer should be able to take WoW easily, its been made to be low spec computer friendly... even if the specs have raised my computer (as old as it is) should easily be able to handle it

Drivers? geez i don't think they made drivers for the X200 for years i have the final retail drivers for everything.

(oh that reminds me, i thought it might be the minor patches/updates that caused the problem, so i also tried running it on the last major patch using wow.exe rather than the launcher but nothing changed)
sup2a has a Photo Album
Computer Specs

18-Jul-2008, 11:15 PM #11
that's interesting... there's no account folder and the interface folder has nothing inside, there is also a "wow-patch.mpq" in the World of Warcraft" folder but its 0Kb and the proper patches are placed in "data"... Well im lost...
sup2a has a Photo Album
Computer Specs

21-Jul-2008, 09:28 PM #12
well, i tried again... deleted patches then updated, still nothing, i decided to just tamper with some files to see if anything at all changes... nope nothing... might as well give up... besides after all this, ive given up the idea of playing causally... i mean $40 per 2 months!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!