Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Call of Duty 2 vista msvcr80.dll

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Sep-2008, 09:34 PM #1
Call of Duty 2 vista msvcr80.dll
I am trying to play cod2 on my computer using vista and I keep getting an error message: "couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll please ensure it is installed." It wasn't there (in sys32) so I downloaded the .dll file (from DLL files.com) and first copied it into the cod2 program folder. That didn't work so I deleted it from cod2 program folder and copied it directly into system 32 folder. It still gives me the same error message every time. I found another post that relates to this, tried suggestions and nothing worked. I am using office 07 & I didn't try to edit the registry... Is the only way out to do regedit? Very frustrating, please help...here's the link to the old post...

http://forums.techguy.org/games/5597...2-pc-load.html

Thanx

Last edited by triplectj; 01-Sep-2008 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: update to problem
Computer Specs
Member with 44 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-Sep-2008, 10:52 AM #2
you don't need to edit the registry

Activision

Quote:
Windows Defender and Microsoft Office 2007 have been known to cause errors with the installer. These include errors referencing "msvcr80.dll" and "mpShHook.dll." If you currently have either program installed, it is recommended that you uninstall the program, install the game and then you can re-install Windows Defender and/or Microsoft Office 2007 on your system. If you do not want to uninstall these programs you can try installing or re-installing Microsoft .Net 2.0. You can get it here. Installing .Net 2.0 has been known to fix this issue without having to uninstall Microsoft Office or Defender.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
call of duty 2, msvcr80.dll, vista

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!