Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Logitech Dual Action Gamepad

(!)

Junior Member with 6 posts.

09-Sep-2008, 05:03 PM #1
Logitech Dual Action Gamepad
I've had this game controller for a year or so now, and didn't have any problems with it until I put Vista SP1 on my laptop, when I began to have problems with it not being recognized. I've seen a lot of people having problems, and one of the remedies is to uninstall sp1, install the logitech drivers, and then reinstall sp1, which DID fix my problems.
Unfortunately, I recently bought a new laptop, the Toshiba Satellite P305-8825, and it came with Vista SP1 Preinstalled, and I can't seem to uninstall it. Vista won't recognize my controller, can you help me?
Computer Specs
Member with 1,894 posts.

Experience: Advanced
10-Sep-2008, 12:00 AM #2
Install the drivers FIRST. Then, when it tells you, plug in the controller. I have Vista on three machines (including the Toshiba which I call Mr. Shiny). The controller works on all three. I have since upgraded to the cordless Rumblepad 2. Still works on all three.

Courtney
Junior Member with 6 posts.

10-Sep-2008, 07:40 AM #3
I naturally did that when I first attempted to get it to work with this laptop (which, yes, is very shiny) however, when I did as you recommend, it didn't recognize the controller. I even tried using the driver from the logitech website in this manner to no avail.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!