Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: pogo games not loading

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Sep-2008, 03:22 PM #1
Unhappy Solved: pogo games not loading
i having been playing pogo for over a year they couldnt even help me and i have seen alot of these issues all of a sudden the game tries to come up and then it says could not load images and this i wat i get

Could Not Load Game Images

Explanation:
The game applet encountered one or more errors downloading images from our servers.
This could be due to a host of issues including other software running on your computer; temporary problems with our network, the internet, or your network connection; temporary problems with our server, or an error in our game; or insufficient memory available on your computer.
How to Fix the Problem (All Computer Types):
There may be software running on your computer that is preventing the game from downloading images that it needs in order to run properly. This software could be an ad blocker, firewall, anti-virus or some other Internet Security program. You may want to try disabling or configuring this software so it does not interfere with Pogo.comô games.
Try loading the game again; if the problem was a rare network error, it is unlikely to happen again.
Try loading the game again at a later time; if we were experiencing problems with our network or servers, we may have fixed them.
Try loading our game with no other applications running. Each program you run uses up some portion of your computer's memory and resources.

i have done everything it has recommended i believe i have anyway
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

13-Sep-2008, 04:07 PM #2
Talking solved myself
all i had to do was delete my temp files in java i cant believe it wow
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
12-Oct-2008, 02:42 AM #3
I am so glad I found you guys here at Tech Support! I was having trouble also, with the same exact message of "error, game not loading'' for the past week. Never had that problem before ( 4 years) and AOL Live chat didnt help, even sent me 5 different things to check with a step by step to each one.. nothing worked. Wrote pogo and they want me to send the page. So I googled: "pogo game not loading'' and found you all! Did the Java thing and I am back in business ( with scrabble) Just wanted to say THANK YOU!! IT WORKED!
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

13-Oct-2008, 09:05 AM #4
My trouble is I have game's that I brought
from pogo they worked fine now they won't it say's to get latest flash player i do
and then it tell's me The download is on and should work,but when i go to the game's i brought they
won't work
Member with 349 posts.

08-Nov-2008, 11:57 PM #5
For the record, here's all Pogo's contact info that I know of:

clubpogo@ea.com

Pogo's Help Line for the Games: 1-866-543-5435

The rest of Pogo's numbers:
Toll Free:
1-866-265-8003
1-888-842-6388
1-866-486-0329

NOT Toll Free:
1-650-628-1500
1-516-365-3999
For Sandy [and anyone else]
Without knowing what game you're talking about, I can only be general. I would suggest uninstalling the game and re-installing it... BUT!! there's a file you need to copy for ANY and ALL Pogo downloadable games or you'll have to start the game from Rank 0.

You'll need to go here: C:\Documents and Settings\Your_Name\Application Data\Pogo Games and copy the WHOLE folder for the game you want to uninstall to a safe place. Once you've done that, uninstall the game. Make sure you know your Registration Key!!

All the games downloaded from Pogo are here: C:\Program Files\Oberon Media. Each game will have it's own folder. Check to make sure the game is completely gone! Re-download the game and re-install it. Put the folder you copied back into the Pogo Games folder. It'll probably ask you if you want to overwrite the files already there... say Yes.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by GentsBabe; 09-Nov-2008 at 12:03 AM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!