Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How to make your drivers digitally signed?

(!)

Junior Member with 12 posts.

01-Oct-2009, 01:37 PM #1
How to make your drivers digitally signed?
Just as the title says, i got this game Tomb Raider - Underworld that wont work properly. I installed the game and the game starts but once it starts it crashes and i get a error. I reported the problem to the games manufacture and they said this =

We apologize for having difficulty with our game. Your system does meet the minimum requirements to play this game.
Unfortunately the problem is that your drivers are not digitally signed. In order for us to forward your information
we will need you to update your drivers. After you have updated the drivers please send up an updated DXDiag report
and we will forward your information to our product development team.

My PC is costumed built so i really can't contact a PC manufacture.
Can you help me?
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 47,112 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Oct-2009, 02:01 PM #2
Hi c4valucci, and welcome to TSG.

Find out if the manufacturer of the motherboard in your computer has a web site that lets you download driver updates for their products.
Computer Specs
Member with 697 posts.

Experience: Advanced
01-Oct-2009, 07:34 PM #3
There is a built in xp/vista tool (called verifier) that will report to you all the drivers that are not digitally signed. Please read the below article that corresponds to your OS version.

Vista:

http://www.vistarewired.com/2008/03/...-windows-vista

XP:

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-5714091.html

03-Oct-2009, 08:18 AM #4
I downloaded a few driver updates but the problem still persists cwwozniak and helpful i followed those website links and followed the instructions, it says that all my drivers are digitally sound.

It really bugs me that it is the only game with this problem i have lots of other games and none of them has a problem.Can it be the game? Here is a list of games i have and maybe you can compare them with TombRaider Underworld and tell me if its my PC.

Silent Hill 4
Crysis Wars
Crysis WARHEAD
Call of Duty 4
World of Warcraft
Hitman codename 47
Prince of Persia
Oblivion the elder scrolls
Resident evil 5
Enemy Territory:Quake Wars
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 47,112 posts.

03-Oct-2009, 09:29 AM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4valucci View Post
Can it be the game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4valucci View Post
After you have updated the drivers please send up an updated DXDiag report
and we will forward your information to our product development team.
You could try sending the requested DXDiag Report to the software company and see what they have to say.

I am not into video gaming and can not really help you with explaining why only a certain game does not work while others do. Hopefully some one else here may be able to explain it.

03-Oct-2009, 11:30 AM #6
Thats what they ask for a report on the dxdiag and they say that my drivers are not digitally sound but when i do the driver test everything comes out good, i got my drivers digitally sound, anyway ill continue searching for an answer, ill post the solution here if i find it, thanks guys.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,897 posts.

Experience: Advanced
07-Oct-2009, 11:37 AM #7
It sounds like a cop-out to me. I have never heard of a program not running because the drivers aren't digitally signed. Exactly what error message are you getting? Eidos told me the same thing with Thief a while ago; it turned out that the problem was a bad disk.

I'm willing to bet that the error has nothing to do with digitally signed drivers.

Courtney

07-Oct-2009, 01:58 PM #8
This is what happens after i run the game, after i choose Start New game in the menu section a small trailers starts of a burning building a few seconds later i get this error
Computer Specs
Member with 37 posts.

10-Oct-2009, 06:20 PM #9
Corrupt texture?! How are signed/unsigned drivers going to affect that?!
Have you tried reinstalling the game or downloading updates?
And it might only be me but I find updating drivers to be confusing and difficult so you sure your doing it right?

11-Oct-2009, 08:03 AM #10
Yea i have completely uninstall and installed the game and downloaded all updates, still the problem persists. About digitally signing drivers i followed the instrusctions on the website our fellow members posted, all drivers are digitally signed.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 16 posts.

15-Oct-2009, 03:31 PM #11
I'm pretty sure it is nothing to do with signed drivers.
Pretty sure they're saying that you need signed drivers in order for them to forward your information to their development team, it wont fix the issue.

The error message makes it seem like a simple corrupt file fixed with a reinstal O-o

My friend said these worked for him:
Is there any updated patch for the game? If so, download it and try running the game again.
Try this link for patch:
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/...atches_pc.html

If you continue to get the error, go to Start > Run and type 'dxdiag'. Go to the sound tab and lower the accelaration (Think it could also be found in the sound options in control panel, you may have to experiment with the options ;s)

17-Oct-2009, 07:47 PM #12
The game works now with no problems, i'm guessing it was a windows update because i uninstalled it for the 3rd time and now it works.

I'm leaning toward that it could of been i missing Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5, i had an older version when i installed the game first and then later downloaded these updates.

But it's just a guess anyhow thanks for all your help, ya kept me motivated.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!