Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

oblivion missing magcore.dll error

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 11 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Aug-2010, 01:27 PM #1
Exclamation oblivion missing magcore.dll error
ok so the other day i tried installing oblivion on my windows 7 computer, after it was installed i tried running it and i got this error message "this program can't start because magcore.dll is missing from your computer, try reinstalling the program." so i did, but after reinstalling oblivion twice it still didn't work. after that i tried downloading a new one and put it in C:/Windows/System32 and register it by starting run and entering "regsvr32 magcore.dll", but i get this error message saying that the magcore.dll file is not the right version for a 64 bit OS, i've downloaded and tried every version of magcore.dll i could find but i still had the same problem. i tried updating directx and running a register cleaner too, but that didn't help.

i have played this before on my old xp computer which i don't have anymore and it worked perfectly, i tried playing it on my laptop that has windows 7 and exept for very low frame rates it works.

i've tried everything i can think of, any help would be great .
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
games, magcore.dll, oblivion, registry, windows 7 64 bit

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!