Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How to upgrade my computer for world of warcraft

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

20-Nov-2010, 03:31 PM #1
How to upgrade my computer for world of warcraft
My specs are:

Windows Xp
Home edition
version 2002
Service Pack 3

AMD sempron(tm) processor
3000+
180GHz,768 MB of ram
Physical adress extension.

Thats all i know but if you need anymore ill find it.

All i need to know is where first to upgrade and what will have a good affect on playing my game

Thanks, Techn
Computer Specs
Member with 267 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Nov-2010, 08:33 PM #2
Well, I stopped playing WOW a while ago, so you'll want to check the system requirements.
I know for a fact that you will want more memory though, and probably a video card as well.
Computer Specs
Member with 3,249 posts.

22-Nov-2010, 04:15 AM #3
To be perfectly honest, if you want to play at steadily at reasonable graphics settings you will probably benefit the most from a new machine!

In my opinion, you really need a CPU upgrade, this means you will need to replace the motherboard, which then means you will probably need to replace the RAM aswell (and as explodinghead75 said, you need more RAM also).

What graphics card do you have? Based on the rest of the system I would probably say that needs upgrading aswell, which will mean a Power Supply upgrade also.

As you can see, upgrading an older system often means having to replace many components, with the cost of base units being pretty low now (dependant on what you want / can afford), its more cost effective to replace the whole thing.
Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
23-Nov-2010, 05:39 PM #4
Aim for a very good processor probably high end dual core 2.5ghz+ each core as theres alot of players and detail whenever your walking around WoW. You dont need an amazing graphics card for WoW as most the graphics ain't incredibly well detailed so find one for probably about 30-40 pounds new maybe a top Nvidia 8000 series or 9000 series card. You'll definatly need to upgrade your RAM to about 2-3gb+ WoW is pretty demanding on processor n random access memory. You'll probably have to do what the guy said above. Buy a new computer as you'll need a new motherboard etc for the componants.
Junior Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
02-Dec-2010, 01:23 AM #5
I'm not sure I can post this recommendation but to replace parts you might as well buy a new one. I have the same kind of system right now. So i went ahead and checked out Compserve Custom built computers. I recently today picked a great one for a great price.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!