Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on Windows 7?

(!)

Member with 40 posts.

23-Nov-2010, 10:01 PM #1
Solved: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on Windows 7?
I'm hoping to find someone who has had success playing Star Wars: KotOR using Windows 7. A friend recently reccommended it to me and I'd really like to play it. I ran a check on my computer and the only potential problem with playing the game is that I have Win7, which of course did not exist at the time KotOR was released. I've heard that KotOR sometimes works with Vista and if it works with Vista it should work with Win7, but I haven't been able to get a straight answer anywhere. Is there any way to definitely know whether it will work, or is it just kinda a case-by-case thing? Are there patches I can get that will make it work with Win7? I'd really like to play but I don't wanna waste the time/effort to get it if it's not going to work.
Computer Specs
Member with 44 posts.

Experience: PBCAK
27-Nov-2010, 07:49 PM #2
To run said game on Win 7 simply right click the .exe file that is used to run the game got to properties that go to the compatibility tab and select WinXp compatibility, should run great!

have fun gaming
Member with 40 posts.

30-Nov-2010, 11:25 AM #3
thanks -- i posted this question in another forum and got some other good answers... i ordered the game and it SHOULD work on my laptop!
Junior Member with 7 posts.

30-Nov-2010, 06:28 PM #4
I just installed it with the default settings on now two different Win7 computers and it's run like a charm (well, the game itself has a few glitches, but nothing caused by the OS). Hope you enjoy the game, it's a great one.
TheShooter93   (Cody) TheShooter93 is offline TheShooter93 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 10,085 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Nov-2010, 06:34 PM #5
If you want to know if a particular game will run on your system, try CanURunIt?.

Great site that has yet to fail me in determining how well a game will run on your computer.
Member with 40 posts.

30-Nov-2010, 07:32 PM #6
I started out by using that CanuRunIt? thing and it's what told me that Win7 might not work, but the rest of my specifications are all set -- thanks for posting anyway! Thanks for the advice everyone
TheShooter93   (Cody) TheShooter93 is offline TheShooter93 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 10,085 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Nov-2010, 07:45 PM #7
I'm sure Windows 7 will work, I don't see why it wouldn't.

If you're satisfied with this answer, mark this thread as "Solved." You can find this button in the top left corner of the thread. A preview is located below.
Attached Thumbnails
Solved: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on Windows 7?-.jpg  
Junior Member with 1 posts.

01-Dec-2010, 03:57 AM #8
Well of course...
Member with 40 posts.

07-Dec-2010, 10:45 AM #9
A quick update: the game came and I got it installed using WinXP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode... and it's going to work perfectly! I had to make myself close out of it though because I have to wait until finals are over before I play it Thanks for the support everyone!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!