Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

error code 80130182 on my PS3

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
08-Dec-2010, 08:06 AM #1
error code 80130182 on my PS3
I'm also getting the error code 80130182 on my PS3 Slim which was connected to my wireless network up to a few weeks ago and not cannot connect to the system even though it sees the network and can read a strength of 97%. Now I have a range of Mac and PC computers and laptops attached to my Apple Airport Extreme along with two iPhones and they all work fine. I also have a PS3 fat that works fine on the same wireless network so my question is, 'Is the PS3 Slim -broken- and if so is it best just to get it looked at as it's still under warranty (even though it's a pain to return top the shop) or is there a quick fix?'

I'm running MediaLink which works fine with the PS3 fat (which has the latest PS3 OS 3.55) and have turned off the Media Link option on the PS3 Slim to try and get a connection. I've also disconnected the power supply, re-entered the wireless WPA info (which it constantly tells me is wrong, even though it is right) and have now no idea what else to do. It briefly worked about a week ago as I managed to download the Pac-Man demo but now it's useless again.

Any thoughts?
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,777 posts.

09-Dec-2010, 05:36 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironoutlaw1880 View Post
I'm also getting the error code 80130182 on my PS3 Slim which was connected to my wireless network up to a few weeks ago and not cannot connect to the system even though it sees the network and can read a strength of 97%. Now I have a range of Mac and PC computers and laptops attached to my Apple Airport Extreme along with two iPhones and they all work fine. I also have a PS3 fat that works fine on the same wireless network so my question is, 'Is the PS3 Slim -broken- and if so is it best just to get it looked at as it's still under warranty (even though it's a pain to return top the shop) or is there a quick fix?'

I'm running MediaLink which works fine with the PS3 fat (which has the latest PS3 OS 3.55) and have turned off the Media Link option on the PS3 Slim to try and get a connection. I've also disconnected the power supply, re-entered the wireless WPA info (which it constantly tells me is wrong, even though it is right) and have now no idea what else to do. It briefly worked about a week ago as I managed to download the Pac-Man demo but now it's useless again.

Any thoughts?
If you can, try to connect to your router with an ethernet cable and see if you get the same results.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,605 posts.

09-Dec-2010, 06:23 PM #3
i have move your post into a thread of its own, it gets confusing if you reply to a thread with your own question
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!