Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

General Security General Security
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Trouble uninstalling Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 51 posts.

Experience: Beginner
11-Sep-2012, 02:09 AM #1
Trouble uninstalling Kaspersky Internet Security 2012
I've had Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 for about a year and my subscription finished yesterday. So I decided to try the trail version of KIS 2013, but it would not install. I kept getting error messages and KIS 2012 would not uninstall either.

This message popped up "A network error occurred while attempting to read from file c:\windows\installer\kavkis.msi."

Now KIS 2012 is not even turning on. I tried Systems restore and its still not working.
Member with 100 posts.

Experience: Advanced
11-Sep-2012, 02:32 AM #2
Hello Computernewguy

Have you tried following the instructions from Kaspersky on how to uninstall it:
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208284263

Try it out and if you get any error message, please report it back to us and the error code.

The website above also offers you thr option to contact Kaspersky technical support team and report the error with them which is advisable as it would make them aware of it and help improve the suite for future releases.
Computer Specs
Member with 51 posts.

11-Sep-2012, 03:05 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techy1234 View Post
Hello Computernewguy

Have you tried following the instructions from Kaspersky on how to uninstall it:
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208284263

Try it out and if you get any error message, please report it back to us and the error code.

The website above also offers you thr option to contact Kaspersky technical support team and report the error with them which is advisable as it would make them aware of it and help improve the suite for future releases.
I tried installing KIS2013 first. So I never did that. Once those error messages popped up. KIS2012 would not open. So I went in the control panel and tried uninstalling it from there.

I'm going to follow the instructions in that link.
Computer Specs
Member with 51 posts.

11-Sep-2012, 03:14 AM #4
These are the two error messages that I just received. After following the instructions in that link.

Computer Specs
Member with 51 posts.

11-Sep-2012, 06:45 AM #5
I used the Kaspersky Removal Tool and it worked, but now my Windows Media Player does not work. It says "Server execution failed" every time I try to open in it.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!