Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

General Security General Security
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

hitman pro 3.6

(!)

Member with 3 posts.

06-Nov-2012, 02:41 PM #1
hitman pro 3.6
hi is hitman pro http://www.majorgeeks.com/Hitman_Pro_d5283.html a legitimate/good anti-malware program? i have read it is and i have read it isn't

currently for security i use comodo internet security for my firewall and antivirus

then i use malwarebytes, spybot and spyware blaster

is this hitman pro ok to add to my pc and are there any other good ones? i used to use superantispyware but they changed it and it seemed a bit wierd so i stopped using it

many thanks
Computer Specs
Member with 5,554 posts.

07-Nov-2012, 08:55 PM #2
I would say Hitman Pro is legit. PC Magazine gave it a review:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2348569,00.asp
Account Disabled with 1,906 posts.

Experience: Between Vast & Half-Vast
11-Nov-2012, 01:32 AM #3
rimmsy, hitman pro is legit, but what's up with your obsession about second-rate or generally useless software? Honestly, if you want to keep your computer secure, bite the bullet and buy MBAM, and use a decent AV program. MSE is sufficient for a lot of folks, and it's free. I think there are more effective alternatives, but almost all the common alternatives beat out hitman.

It isn't freeware; it is just a "free trial" until you use it for a removal, then you have to pay for it after 30 days. See anything suspicious in this business model? It offers no real time protection even in the paid version. I don't much care if CNet may like it; I'd go with something less "dicey".

Last edited by Snagglegaster; 11-Nov-2012 at 03:54 PM..
Account Disabled with 1,906 posts.

Experience: Between Vast & Half-Vast
11-Nov-2012, 04:02 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarlander View Post
I would say Hitman Pro is legit. PC Magazine gave it a review:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2348569,00.asp
Personally, I think Rubenking's reviews of AV/AM software have been fatally flawed for many years. Seems to me that he structures his tests with his personal, undocumented methodology to favor the products he prefers. Though I'd never suggest that payola is involved, I prefer transparency and clear documentation to voodoo.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!