Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

General Security General Security
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Disable Avast boot scan?

(!)

Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
23-Nov-2012, 06:09 PM #1
Disable Avast boot scan?
After avast found a problem on my computer, it removed it and after restarting, and on its own, initiated a boot up scan. Now, every time I turn on the computer it does this. I have to hit esc to get it to stop. There is nothing on program to uncheck under settings. I wrote Avast support who gave me this really complicated and confusing way of removing the avast software entirely. When I asked to clarify I got no response. I posted this question on an avast forum and I have not received an answer. There has to be an easier way to fix this. I have windows 7 IE 9
Any help much appreciated.
Trusted Advisor with 15,805 posts.

24-Nov-2012, 07:32 AM #2
Right click Avast icon to open Avast program - click on Scan Computer > Boot-time scan.
Click on Schedule Now - make sure that Not scheduled is now listed under Current Status.
Member with 7 posts.

24-Nov-2012, 12:11 PM #3
Thanks for responding. No "Boot time" scan was there to click. I finally just got frustrated and deleted the program.
Computer Specs
Member with 191 posts.

26-Nov-2012, 10:41 AM #4
Nothing like cutting off your nose to spite your face, huh? Open Avast on left hand side "scan computer" - click it, there will be 3 panes , scan now , boot - time scan and scan logs. Click on the schedule now to un-schedule it.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!