Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

General Security General Security
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Spyware Doctor PctsSvc.exe problem

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Einstein
01-Oct-2008, 06:40 AM #1
Angry Spyware Doctor PctsSvc.exe problem
Spyware Doctor ver. 5.5.1.322, process PctsSvc.exe using 100% of resources sporadically. I have read on the internet it is a problem the company has not fixed. Is there a way to solve it?

Will there latest version 6.0.0.385 fix it? Are there other problems in this new version? I don't trust them and am sorry I ever switched to Spyware Doctor.
Trusted Advisor with 15,858 posts.

01-Oct-2008, 11:53 AM #2
Hi and welcome.
If "it is a problem the company has not fixed" you either wait for a fix or use a different Spyware program.

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstall?
Your Pc specs show you are using SP1. not a good idea as you have missed many a security update.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Einstein
01-Oct-2008, 02:05 PM #3
Hi,

From what I read on various forums, it appears that they can't fix this problem which has been around for quite a while. The only workaround seems to be not using some of the monitoring shields, which means you are not fully protected. So the "fix" option is not viable.

I read about what was improved in the latest version and it didn't mention this problem.

Anyway, thank you for your suggestions. I may have to go back to "Spy Sweeper"
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!