Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Random website saying you have a Virus, Worm, and yada yada.

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: learning
23-Mar-2009, 03:41 AM #1
Random website saying you have a Virus, Worm, and yada yada.
I was using Firefox and randomly came across some website (I can't remember exactly what it was), which redirected me to a white web page with the windows security page plastered to it. Followed directly by a pop up saying roughly "Windows has found a Virus(Worm.Virus or Worm.Trojan) and you need to install an antivirus software", which I already had and it didn't get tipped off at all during this (it's Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0). As for that pop up it had a continue or cancel option, so I hit cancel and it just kept redirecting me to said pop up and that's when I got annoyed and ended the task since I couldn't close it the easy way. Nothing seems wrong security wise, I just want to know if anyone has come across this in the past and could it be a security risk? Oh and I am using windows xp.
Member with 114 posts.

Experience: Advanced
23-Mar-2009, 05:11 AM #2
I want to recommend you that never click on such unwanted links.
It may leads to the viruses attacks.
please delete all the temporary internet files from your computer to aviod these popups.
Method:
go to "Run" and then "temp" after that press enter and delete all the files permanently from your computer. please follow the same procedure for the "%temp%"and "prefetch" files.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!