Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: AVG Link Scanner

(!)

keno-ken keno-ken is offline keno-ken has a Profile Picture
keno-ken has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 438 posts.

Experience: Learning fast. Thanks TSG
09-Apr-2009, 08:49 PM #1
Solved: AVG Link Scanner
Morning all [depending on where you are ofcourse]. Messy situation here. I hav been conversing with AVG about the Link Scanner option in AVG 8-8.5. Link scanner icon which is usually a green star with a tick inside it next to each link when browsing has suddenly disappeared or is very limited {See Screenshot}.

As usual AVG Support has been less than helpful. Got me jumping through all kinds of hoops. Repair jobs, uninstall/reinstall. You name it. There responses read like a cracked record[sort of like a recorded message].

I have enable AVG Safe Search in IE Addons. Checked all LinkScanner settings which are telling me that It is enabled and working normally, but it aint. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

As you can see in the screen shot{you taught me well Noyb thankyou} only the links in the top highlighted in yellow and the list on the right of the page have the link scanner working. Everything below that, no link scanner icon or on pages with no high lighted items or right lists.
Attached Thumbnails
Solved: AVG Link Scanner-clipboard01.jpg  

Last edited by keno-ken; 09-Apr-2009 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: Additional info
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!