Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

General Security General Security
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

BitDefender 2010 release

(!)

Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 2,011 posts.

Experience: Intermediate++
18-Aug-2009, 09:55 AM #31
Dear afrodaesia,
Till when does your BitDefender 2009 security suite's license extend? For example, the KIS2009, i have on my PC lasts till--3/15/2010. I am happy with it and will definitely wait until a conclusive verdict is passed on KIS2010, by our site members and other "reliable" reviews, the best one's being from knowledgeable users!

Now, see much know., you have gained to make an "informed" judgement whether to upgrade(??) to BD2010 or not! Another point you must keep in mind is the problem of on-line buying!

Long time back, when i was a pre-teenager, and wanted to buy a reputed (at that time) Anti-Virus, i went and bought it using my mom's credit card. Just one week before the license was to expire, the company coolly renewed it and the bankers sent my parents of the deduction made in their account! It meant only one thing, the AV company kept our card details with them and dad had to use his influence (no boasting!) to bring them to their knees!Naturally, my parents had to change the credit card company and the all the works! lotuseclat79 is getting to be more and more right about the security precautions we have to take! MY best wishes!
Computer Specs
Member with 100 posts.

Experience: Advanced
19-Aug-2009, 06:46 PM #32
What does everyone think about this release then?
Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 2,011 posts.

Experience: Intermediate++
19-Aug-2009, 07:34 PM #33
Dear extons,
If you are mentioning BitDefender 2010, the "registry clean" is a big letdown,unless the user has the option not to use it! If there is no such option,then it's to BD 2010! At least, i would not waste my Euros on it!

Matuosec has not given a good rating for the firewall in the ESE suite, and i have no subjective comment to make!

When it comes to Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 2010, it presently seems to be the safe and sound bet! The one problem with Kas. guys is they don't give you the chance to try it out, before you buy it! My present trip with KIS2009 has been a pleasent one, except that it's over-protective! You get to fiddle around with so many settings, once you get the hang of it, you can configure the whole suite to match your needs(plenty of flexibility)!
Computer Specs
Member with 100 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Aug-2009, 04:58 AM #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfume View Post
Dear extons,
If you are mentioning BitDefender 2010, the "registry clean" is a big letdown,unless the user has the option not to use it! If there is no such option,then it's to BD 2010! At least, i would not waste my Euros on it!

Matuosec has not given a good rating for the firewall in the ESE suite, and i have no subjective comment to make!

When it comes to Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 2010, it presently seems to be the safe and sound bet! The one problem with Kas. guys is they don't give you the chance to try it out, before you buy it! My present trip with KIS2009 has been a pleasent one, except that it's over-protective! You get to fiddle around with so many settings, once you get the hang of it, you can configure the whole suite to match your needs(plenty of flexibility)!
Oh right, thanks for the detailed response! Please could I have a brief comparison between ESS4 and KIS2010?

Thanks
Junior Member with 20 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Aug-2009, 05:29 AM #35
Hmmm how about this:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2351566,00.asp

extons, I have BitDefender Internet Security 2010 and it works on my PC
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
anti-virus, bitdefender 2010

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!