Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

General Security General Security
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: ccsvchst.exe

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 30 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
03-Feb-2010, 01:13 PM #1
Solved: ccsvchst.exe
Does anyone know what exactly ccsvchst.exe does? I know it's a Symantec/Norton prog and in our case part of Symantec Endpoint Proctection, but what does it do? It consistly uses 40-50% of the CPU and I think is contributing to the slow down of one of our progs.

Moderator with 63,368 posts.

03-Feb-2010, 01:26 PM #2
well, from here............

Quote:
The ccsvchst.exe file is automatically added to your computer upon installing the Norton software, and it is referred to as the Symantec Service Framework. The ccsvchst.exe file works to display the GUI (Graphical User Interface) of Norton products, which usually include the Norton Security Suites. If the ccsvchst.exe file encounters a problem, the Norton’s graphical interface will only be displayed after the computer has been rebooted.
just out of curiosity, have your tried killing the thread with either task manager or process explorer? Also, is this happening across the field, or only on one pc?
Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 32,315 posts.

Experience: Advanced
03-Feb-2010, 01:32 PM #3
The ccsvchst.exe file is automatically added to your computer upon installing the Norton software, and it is referred to as the Symantec Service Framework. The ccsvchst.exe file works to display the GUI (Graphical User Interface) of Norton products, which usually include the Norton Security Suites. If the ccsvchst.exe file encounters a problem, the Norton’s graphical interface will only be displayed after the computer has been rebooted.

Almost all Norton products come bundled with the ccsvchst.exe file. It is important for this file to be found with the installation of these software products since the user interface is where the user interacts with the computer are made possible by this file. As new versions of Norton products are released, the graphical user interface also changes.

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/ccsvchst

Try the latest version of Norton. Perhaps they have finally fixed the issue.

Click on Start > Run > type services.msc

Locate that Service (Symantec Service Framework) and change its Startup Type from Automatic to Manual.

This is a common issue with Norton. I would suggest dumping Norton and getting a much better alternative.

If you do decide to remove Norton, be sure to use the Norton Removal Tool. Run it at least twice. Norton is really a pain to get rid of!

Please read instructions and questions carefully, and reply in a timely manner... Thank you.

Why don't you just Google it?
If your problem is solved, please click on the Mark Solved button.

Last edited by Phantom010; 03-Feb-2010 at 01:38 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 30 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
03-Feb-2010, 02:06 PM #4
thanks gang. i think Phantom010 answered my question.
Computer Specs

03-Feb-2010, 02:12 PM #5
You're welcome!
Moderator with 63,368 posts.

03-Feb-2010, 04:20 PM #6
n/j, phantom...........

but this time I was first.............

Computer Specs

03-Feb-2010, 04:23 PM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by valis View Post
n/j, phantom...........

but this time I was first.............

As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
norton antivirus, symantec endpoint

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!