Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

General Security General Security
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Eset uninstallation

(!)

ErrorProxy ErrorProxy is offline ErrorProxy has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 323 posts.

17-May-2010, 08:04 PM #1
Unhappy Eset uninstallation
I want to unisntall Eset, I google it. http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN93 I delete the folders first THEN run the uninstaller. Will that mess up my computer?
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 57,250 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-May-2010, 08:14 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErrorProxy View Post
I want to unisntall Eset, I google it. http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN93 I delete the folders first THEN run the uninstaller. Will that mess up my computer?
You uninstall a program first, then restart your computer, then delete its leftover folders - if they're still there.

Never ever delete a program's folders first before uninstalling it. The uninstall will fail and will likely throw up an error message.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Computer Specs
Member with 323 posts.

17-May-2010, 09:19 PM #3
Oh, but I realized this AFTER I tuneup shredded the program files and data... then I was like... oh shoot. Then I just said what the hell and ran the uninstaller. No errors everything seems fine... but... is it?
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

17-May-2010, 09:50 PM #4
So you're asking how you should proceed after you're already done? Too late now. No, you should never delete all the files and folders for a program first before trying to uninstall it. It obviously won't work because none of the uninstall information is there.
Computer Specs
Member with 323 posts.

18-May-2010, 06:36 PM #5
But it did work..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
eset, uninstall

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!