Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How to password wireless router without knowing my setup information?

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

07-Mar-2011, 01:45 AM #1
How to password wireless router without knowing my setup information?
A friend of mine set up my new wireless router a few months ago and doesn't remember the account information he used to set it up for me. I have now moved into an apartment complex and need to password it. How can I do this without knowing the setup information? It is a netger wireless router. Thanks for any help here. I don't want have to go buy a new one to start over!
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 46,788 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
07-Mar-2011, 02:48 AM #2
Hi and welcome to TSG.

Are you able to log into the router or did your friend change the administration log-in password?

If you can no longer log into the router administration pages, check the router for some kind of recessed Reset switch. The user manual should tell you where it is and how to use it. You should then be able to log into it using the default user name and password. That will then allow you to configure it to work with the apartment's Internet connection and also configure the Wireless encryption method and password.

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!