Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Cpmpaq 6720s laptop not working

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Jun-2011, 01:33 PM #1
Cpmpaq 6720s laptop not working
Hi, the other week i dismantled my mum's compaq laptop to clean the fan as it was running slow, after putting it back together when the power is turned on it boots up but the screen does nothing and the keyboard doesn't respond to pressing Caps lock and after leaving it the windows welcome sound does not play. Does anyone have an idea of what may be causing this? Thanks in advance.

- Joe
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 55,628 posts.

Experience: Advanced
10-Jun-2011, 03:35 PM #2
There was absolutely no reason for you to dismantle that laptop and clean the fan just because it was running slow.

There are several reasons for a computer running slow, and cleaning the fan has nothing to do with making it run faster.

It may be running slow because:

It may have too many programs auto-loading and running

It may not have enough RAM

It may be infested with malware and spyware and infections

It may have a large buildup of temp files

It may have a too-full or badly-fragmented hard drive

It's my guess that when you dismantled that laptop, you damaged something or failed to reconnect something.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
11-Jun-2011, 06:01 AM #3
I assure you the dismantling was completely necessary, because the gunge and dust inside it was unbelievable and it has made the other 2 laptops i have previously cleaned work much much faster, i also failed to mention it has a fresh install so there are no programs or temp files to clog it up.
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 55,628 posts.

Experience: Advanced
11-Jun-2011, 09:19 AM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyCV View Post
I assure you the dismantling was completely necessary, because the gunge and dust inside it was unbelievable and it has made the other 2 laptops i have previously cleaned work much much faster, i also failed to mention it has a fresh install so there are no programs or temp files to clog it up.
I would've replied differently to you if you had mentioned all that at the beginning of your thread.

Good luck with getting it working.

--------------------------------------------------------------
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
6720s, blank black screen, compaq, laptop

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!