Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Keyboard:Need to press symbols twice then get two

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: PC Gamer
27-Jun-2011, 09:11 PM #1
Keyboard:Need to press symbols twice then get two
I have recently reinstalled Windows XP and now my keyboard symbols are weird. I have to press them twice for them to work, then it gives me two. My number " 6 " works fine, first tap and it's there... but with the " ^ " I have to press it twice. I can't find any drivers for this keyboard and everyone seems to just say; unplug, restart and change the USB slot. But none of this solves my problem. It is especially annoying when typing reports when my quotations have to be so difficult.

My keyboard is a Santek Eclipse, Model: KU-0603

Only these symbols are this way: ' " ^ ` ~

Everything else works just fine. I thought that perhaps I accidentally executed some program or option, but I can't find anything.
Computer Specs

27-Jun-2011, 09:18 PM #2
I plugged in another keyboard and the symbols still act the same... Now I'm uberly stomped >.<
Computer Specs

27-Jun-2011, 09:55 PM #3
My husband finally figured it out. The option is in Control Panel>Regional and Language options >click the Language tab>Details button. Now click the Key Settings button, click the selection for "Switch Between Input Languages." Now click, "Change Key Sequence". Look for Switch Keyboard Layout and press the keys that it lists and then try to type and it should work.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
keyboard, symbols

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!