Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows does not recognize my touchpad..

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
14-Jul-2011, 08:44 PM #1
Windows does not recognize my touchpad..
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional , 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2370 @ 1.73GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2038 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152524 MB, Free - 112007 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, ISKAA, 1.00, 0123456789AB
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enable

About 2 months ago I opened and was cleaning out my laptop. This is something I normally do every couple of months. I connected everything back, but when I turned it on I noticed my touchpad was not working. I disassembled it again and while I was looking at the ribbon I noticed the connectors on the ribbon were messed up. I found a new ribbon that was the same as the one I had in it and put that one in. When I turn it on the touchpad was still not working. I check device manager but it was not seeing the touchpad. My question is this, could the messed up ribbon have fried the on board connector for the touchpad or could the ribbon not be the right one?
Computer Specs
Member with 4,043 posts.

Experience: Advanced
14-Jul-2011, 09:16 PM #2
I'd say chances are it's the wrong type of ribbon and it would work if you fit the correct one.
You say the one you fitted was the same as the original one, is it identical ?
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Jul-2011, 11:37 AM #3
Well it has the same thickness and the same amount of connectors, but the one the was messed up was white and this one was black. The one thing I was wondering is could the connector on the mother board be fried and that is the reason its not working? and if something did get fried on the motherboard would I still be able to use it?
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

15-Jul-2011, 11:43 AM #4
You first need to get the right connector. I highly doubt you "fried" something. It just isn't connected properly because you're not using the right cable.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!