Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Lenovo G550 power issue

(!)

Member with 8 posts.

14-Nov-2011, 05:35 PM #1
Lenovo G550 power issue
My 3ys old Lenovo G550 has stopped accepting power from the power jack. It's been fluffy for a while and has needed massaging to work, but now it's game over. It's doesn't with/without the battery. Been surfing around and partly concluded that it's a weak point in this design. Was on the Lenovo support today, and it will be too expensive to let them work the problem. Also learned that the power jack comes as a pigtail that can be purchased, but the laptop needs a total tear-apart to exchange the cable. Have not been able to find instructions/videos showing the needed tricks. Anyone in here that can help, or has experience with the same issue?
Wino has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 18,544 posts.

Experience: Advanced
15-Nov-2011, 12:04 AM #2
Sorry to hear this as I own a G550. My first thought after receiving and plugging power cord into it first time " what a cheesy weak and wimpy feel it had" - I've been waiting for it to crater ever since. Frankly surprised it has lasted this long. However, when it does, I'll not hesitate to tear that sucker apart to attempt a fix.

Good luck on getting it working. If you do find a maintenance manual, please do share.
in vino veritas - Old Yiddish saying, "If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there". "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." H. L. Mencken
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw."
"Ignorance is not an opinion." - Dilbert
SUEOHIO   (SUE) SUEOHIO is offline SUEOHIO has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,665 posts.

Experience: Advanced
15-Nov-2011, 01:26 AM #3
I also had a g550 but mine was trouble free. I traded it for a brand new g570 because i guess i wanted new and improved which it is and no problems at all so far.The only thing i dont like is the new style chicklet keys as they call them. it makes it very hard to type on them.Im sorry to hear you are having problems.I wish i could offer a suggestion that might help you.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!