Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Front Panel Audio/Mic not working.

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 158 posts.

27-Dec-2011, 07:41 AM #1
Front Panel Audio/Mic not working.
So I opened up the computer to see if the small pins were plugged in. They weren't so you'd think just plugging them will make them work, well I assumed wrong.

I'm not sure how to go about fixing this. The place I plugged in the 7 pins (mic power, mic in, r out, r in, l in, l out, ground) was behind the Audio plug ins on my motherboard.

I'm no tech or anything but it's not really hard to figure out where things go where. But I just can't seem to figure out why the forn panel isn't working.

After looking at where the 'power' button and where my front usb panels are plugged in I picked up the names from there. For instance it would say "Front Panel" on the motherboard and everything would be connected there. However there weren't enough pins for my front mic and audio. So I just assumed it would be put in those pins other pins located just behind the Audio. It did say "F Audio".

I know I shouldn't be messing around with this stuff but I'm not going to waste money on something small like this. Figured I'd ask how I can go about doing this. So how can I get my front panel Microphone and Audio working?
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Dec-2011, 10:29 AM #2
You should find the schematics for your mobo!
You really should find the schematics for your motherboard, there usually avialable from the mobo makers websites. Or you can do what I did as I just searched google images for my mobo as sometimes it is an easier way to get hold of them quicker. Plus you may even find an image of a mobo alreadly connected and you can see how it was done.

Schematics though should show you were and what way the cables should connect.

Good Luck though
Beafle Beafle is offline Beafle has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 106 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Dec-2011, 06:44 PM #3
well with my case and mobo there was a section for the front panel audio. All the connecters were separate and there where no schematics form my mobo so it was just a matter of trial and error as to getting them into the right places. Go one at a time so get the headphones working first.
K7M K7M is offline K7M has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 795 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Dec-2011, 04:27 PM #4
go to control panel, go to your audio or sound settings. Check to see if you have a box to check to enable front panel audio. There may also be a setting in the bios to enable or disable front panel audio.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
audio, front, microphone, panel

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!